DHANADANAYANADI KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Dhanadanayanadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from multiple herbs. It is an effective medicine for the treatment of facial paralysis and paralysis. It is also used in the treatment of fever which occurs due to aggravation of Vata dosha.
- Dhanadanayana (Caesalpinia Bonducella) – 1 Part
- Shunthi (Zingiber Officinale) – 1 Part
- Shigru (Moringa Oleifera) – 1 Part
- Rasna (Pluchea Lanceolata) – 1 Part
- Ugragandha (Acorus Calamus) – 1 Part
- Varuna (Crataeva Nurvala) – 1 Part
- Lasuna (Allium Sativum) – 1 Part
- Krishan (Piper Longum) – 1 Part
- Chitraka (Plumbago Zeylanica) – 1 Part
- Eranda (Ricinus Communis) – 1 Part
- Surataru (Cedrus Deodara) – 1 Part
- Ghana (Cyperus Rotundus) – 1 Part
- Pathya (Terminalia Chebula) – 1 Part
- Barbara (Clerodendron Serratum) – 1 Part
- Water - 16 times
REFERENCE – SAHASARYOGAM KASHYA PRAKARANA
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Dhanadanayana (Caesalpinia bonducella) – It is a potent herb to treat fever because the main property of this plant is antipyretic This plant is also very effective to treat elephantiasis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) – It has piercing nature and acts as a restorative agent that provides strength to the body and enhances the immunity power.
- Shigru (Moringa oleifera) – It is antioxidant and immunomodulatory in nature. It acts as a muscle relaxant hence useful in the treatment of facial paralysis.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) – Rasna is analgesic and anti-inflammatory in nature. It reduces pain and stiffness hence useful in facial paralysis and fever where vitiated vata is responsible.
- Ugragandha (Acorus calamus) – This herb strengthens the nervous system as it is one among the medhya herbs that help to improve memory power, speech and intelligence.
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala) – It is a diuretic in nature which corrects the downward of Apana vata hence useful in treating constipation and headache.
- Lasuna (Allium sativum) – It is the best Rasayan and Vatahar dravaya that pacifies Vata dosha. By regular use of lasuna one can become disease free and it also prevents further progression of disease. Basically, it helps to enhance immunity power of a person.
- Krishan (Piper longum) – It is carminative in nature and reduces aggravated vata level in the body. It is used as a tonic which strengthens our immunity, apart from that it is also useful in treating inflammation in body.
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) – The roots of this herb are used as stimulant and they regulate the normal functions of the nervous system.
- Eranda (Ricinus communis) – It is a mild laxative but apart from that it helps to treat insomnia by calming the brain.
- Surtaru (Cedrus deodara) – It is highly beneficial in treating vata dosha disorders like paralysis, neuralgia, constipation and bloating.
- Ghana (Cyperus rotundus) – The antioxidant potential of this herb makes it potential for treating nervous system disorders.
- Pathya (Terminalia chebula) – Pathya is the best herb with anti-oxidant properties, it is used in the treatment of Vata vitiated disorders.
- Barbara (Clerodendron serratum) – This plant is loaded with antiseptic, astringent and styptic properties. It is used to relieve headache.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
All above mentioned herbs are taken in coarse powder form. With this churana decoction is prepared with water till it is reduced to one eighth. After completion of this process, the decoction is transferred into glass jars and used in the treatment of Vata disorders.
Dhanadanayanadi kashayam is indicated in treatment of facial paralysis, tremors, and fever.
USES AND BENEFITS OF DHANADANAYANADI KASHAYAM
- This herbal formulation is used in Vata aggravated conditions. It is used in the treatment of facial paralysis, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- It is used to manage tremors which occur in Parkinson’s disease. Tremors occurred due to an increased level of Vata dosha in the body which hampers the normal functions of the nervous system.
5 to 15 ml once or twice daily with four times boiled and cooled water as advised by physician.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy