Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Nasa roga – 31-33.
Chitrak Haritaki is a famous herbal formulation that is prepared from the mixture of effective herbs. Out of that fruitful herbs, Haritaki and Chitrak are very important herbs of this formulation.
- Chitrak – Plumbago zeylanica
- Amla - Phyllanthus emblica
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula.
- Trikatu – Pepper, Long pepper and Ginger
- Cinnamon - Cinnamomum cassia
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients Chitrak, Amla, Guduchi, Dasamoola, make its decoction up to 4.8 litres.
- Now mix the decoction with 4.8 kg jaggery and 3.07 kg haritaki.
- Heat the above mixture till got the semi-solid consistency.
- Now added this mixture into 96 grams of Trikatu, Patra, Cinnamon, Yavakshara and 384 grams of honey.
- The formulation is prepared.
- 5 to 10 grams, one to two times a day, after meals with milk.
- For children below 5 years of age – 1 to 2 grams
- For age of 5 to 12 years – up to 5 grams
- Chronic respiratory problems
- Intestinal worms
- Low digestive power
- Over dose can cause stomach irritation
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile