Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Nasa roga – 31-33.
Chitrak Haritaki is a famous herbal formulation that is prepared from the mixture of effective herbs. Out of that fruitful herbs, Haritaki and Chitrak are very important herbs of this formulation.
- Chitrak – Plumbago zeylanica
- Amla - Phyllanthus emblica
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula.
- Trikatu – Pepper, Long pepper and Ginger
- Cinnamon - Cinnamomum cassia
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients Chitrak, Amla, Guduchi, Dasamoola, make its decoction up to 4.8 litres.
- Now mix the decoction with 4.8 kg jaggery and 3.07 kg haritaki.
- Heat the above mixture till got the semi-solid consistency.
- Now added this mixture into 96 grams of Trikatu, Patra, Cinnamon, Yavakshara and 384 grams of honey.
- The formulation is prepared.
- 5 to 10 grams, one to two times a day, after meals with milk.
- For children below 5 years of age – 1 to 2 grams
- For age of 5 to 12 years – up to 5 grams
- Chronic respiratory problems
- Intestinal worms
- Low digestive power
- Over dose can cause stomach irritation
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.