Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Dadimashtaka churna is a herbal formulation that is prepared from mixture of herbs. The main herb of this mixture is pomegranate. This fruit is enriched with lots of health benefits. This churna is known to treat problems of digestive systems.
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Yavani (Trachyspermum ammi)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Triaktu (mixture of pepper (Piper nigrum), Long pepper (Piper longum) and Ginger (Zingiber officinale))
- Vanshalochan (Bambusa bambos)
- Long pepper root (Piper longum)
- Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea)
- White cumin seed (Cuminum cyminum)
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
Method of preparation
Take all the ingredients with its appropriate quantity and powder them separately.
Took Cinnamon, Patra, and Nagakesara up to 20 grams. Took Yavani, Coriander, Long pepper root, White cumin, Triaktu and Pomegranate up to 40 grams. Vanshalochan up to 10 grams and sugar up to 80 grams.
Took all the powdered form of herbs and mixed well to form Dadimashtaka churna.
For adults – 6 to 10 grams one or two times a day.
For small children and infants – one to two grams one or two times a day, after meals with water.
- Promotes digestion
Avoid if you suffer from diabetes.
Avoid over dose, can worsen gastritis problem.Share with your friends: