Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Chikitsa Sthana 29/49-54
Vyoshadi Guggulu is an ayurvedic preparation that maintains the balance of Vata and Kapha Dosha. It is anti-obesity, anti-rheumatic, anti–inflammatory and anti–hyperlipidemic. It is widely used as ayurvedic treatment for obesity and can even lessen rheumatism and rheumatoid disease.
- Trikatu – Ginger, Pepper and Long pepper
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylancia)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Triphala - Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul.
Method of Preparation
All ingredients including Trikatu, chitrak, Musta, Vidanga, Triphala are powdered with Guggulu and then rolled into tablet form of uniform size of around 500 mg.
Consume 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
Administered usually along with cow urine, honey or warm water.
- Wisely used Ayurvedic treatment of obesity, hypercholesterolemia, rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is helpful to decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- It improves digestion and appetite.
- It provides relief from symptoms of disorders like joint swelling, arthritis, gout, bloating, gas, distension etc.
- Due to its warming effects it helps to improve metabolism.
- Good in Fatty liver.
- Controls and improves better bowel movements.
- Removes obstruction from channels and removes congestion.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It is better to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation.