Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Striroga Adhikara
Lavangadi Churna is in a powdered form which is made from cloves along with other herbs and is used to treat diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, gastritis etc.
- Lavanga / Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Tankan Bhasma (Borax)
- Musta / Nut grass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Dhataki / Fire flame bush (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- Bilva / Bael (Aegle marmelos)
- Dhanyaka / Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Copal Tree (Vateria indica)
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Indian dill (Peucedanum graveolens)
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- Saindhav (Rock Salt)
- Mocharasa (Bombax malabaricum)
- Utpala (Nymphaea stellate)
- Rasanjana (Berberis aristata)
- Abhraka Bhasma (Calcined formation of Mica)
- Vanga Bhasma (Calcined formation of Tin)
- Lajjalu/Touch me not (Mimosa pudica)
- Red Sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus)
- Chavya (Piper retrofractum)
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Shringi (Citrulus colocynthis)
- Khadira / heart wood (Acacia catechu)
- Balaka (Pavonia odorata)
- Bhringaraja (Eclipta alba)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Clean and grind these ingredients to form a fine powder mix them together later in the required and specified amount and store them in an air tight container away from from heat and light.
3 grams to 6 grams along with honey twice daily as prescribed by your doctor.
- Weak digestion
- Abdominal lump
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Over-dosage should be avoided as it may cause constipation.
- Diabetic patients should use it under strict medical advice as it contains sugar.