Dhanvantari Gutika (Vati) - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Gutika Prakrana
Dhanvantari Gutika (Vati) is an Ayurvedic formulation used to treat the various diseases. It balances the vata and kapha doshas in the body. Use of this medicine is quite effective to treat the respiratory problems like asthma, cough and cold. This herbal medicine is quite effective to provide relief in the flatulence, bloating, hiccups, inflammation, arthritis and sprain etc.
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Shunti (Zingiber officinale)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Jati (Jasminum officinale)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kiratatikta (Swertia chirata)
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum)
- Kakkola (Piper cubeba)
- Bhunimba (Andrographis paniculata)
- Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus)
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Karigudha (Kadivenna)
- Gandha marjala virya (Mrigaretas) Kastoori (musk)100 gm each (made into fine powder)
Method of Preparation
Prepare pills in a size of 1 Masha with the above drugs taken in equal quantity and pounded with Jeeraka Kashaya and Himambha (Chandana Kashaya) and administer internally with the decoction of Panasa patra Vrinta, Bhumiamba and Jeeraka.
One to two tablets thrice in a day mixed with the jirak water after meals or as directed by physician.
- Gaseous distention of abdomen
- Rheumatoid arthritis