Sowbhagya Shunti Pak
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Striroga – 296 – 299
Sowbhagya Shunti Pak is an effective Ayurvedic medicine useful in post natal care. Ginger is the main ingredient of this medicine. This herbal medicine is a beneficial tonic that has properties to improve complexion, power, strength and longevity as well as improves digestive strength.
- Kasheru (Schoenoplectus grossus) 24 g
- Shringataka (Trapa natans) – 24 g
- Kamala (Lotus) – 24 g
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus) – 24 g
- Caraway and cumin seeds – 24 g each
- Nutmeg – 24 g
- Clove – 24 g
- Shaileya (Parmelia lichen) – 24 g
- Nagakeshar (Mesua ferrea) – 24 g
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala) – 24 g
- Cinnamon – 24 g
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum) – 24 g
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa) – 24 g
- Cardamom – 24 g
- Asparagus – 24 g
- Coriander seeds – 24 g
- Gajapippali (Scindapsus officinalis) – 24 g
- Long pepper – 24 g
- Pepper – 24 g
- Loha Bhasma – 48 g
- Abhraka Bhasma – 48 g
- Shunti (Ginger) – 384 g
- Sugar – 1.44 kg
- Ghee – 384 g
- Milk – 1.536 liters
Method of Preparation
Prepare fine powder of Shunti and other ingredients. Now heat ghee and slightly roast powdered shunti in it. On the other side prepare sugar syrup. Add roasted shunti and other powdered ingredients to this sugar syrup and leave it to get the required consistency.
Consume 5-10 grams 1-2 times a day after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor with milk or water.
Dose for children below 5 years – 1-2 grams, 1-2 times a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Dose for children between 5 – 12 years – 5 grams 1-2 times a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Sowbhagya Shunti Pak is useful in the treatment of complications arising during post natal care of the mother.
- It can improve digestive power.
- It is also effective remedy for sprue and diarrhea.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- It's over dose can lead to stomach irritation.
- It must be taken strictly under medical directions or only after consulting an Ayurvedic doctor.