DIY Tips for Long Healthy Hair
Long hair is almost every girl's dream. But nowadays due to pollution and hectic lifestyle we didn't get time to pay attention to our hair. Use of styling equipment also causes thinning and dryness of hair. Before you spend lots of money on professional treatments, consider natural tips.
There are many natural ways through which we can rejuvenate our hair at home and they are not expensive like spa treatments. With these tips your hair is going to be much more strong and healthy. Hair growth does not take place overnight, you have to be patient.
- The food which you eat affects your hair growth more than anything else. Focus on your diet, what kind of diet you are taking. Because food has multiple ingredients which are essential for hair growth. These essential elements are biotin, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids and iron. Biotin and Vitamin D may help to promote hair growth. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and it helps to reduce oxidative stress in the scalp region which leads to alopecia. Make sure you are taking enough protein in your diet. Proteins are very important for hair growth and you can include eggs in your diet. Spinach, dark leafy vegetables, citrus fruits (lemon, grapefruit, orange etc.), flax seeds (rich in omega 3 fatty acids), whole grains, carrots and avocado add all these ingredients into your daily routine.
- Some lifestyle factors also play a crucial role in hair damage such as smoking, excessive intake of alcohol, stress and obesity. All these factors affect your hair growth. Aim to do 30 minutes of exercise as it will increase your blood circulation and promote hair growth. In order to relieve stress you can do meditation at home, it will calm your mind.
- There is a proper way to wash your hair. Most people do not wash their hair in a proper manner that leads to breakage of hair. Always try to do gentle massage with shampoo, do not go for vigorous massage. You can do it with your fingertips. The temperature of water should be normal or lukewarm. Lukewarm water helps to open up the cuticle and it helps in absorption of nutrients in the scalp area. But hot water can make your hair dry and brittle. Once you are done with hair wash, never tie your hair with a towel. You can use an old shirt and let your hair dry on its own.
- Ideally you should wash hair two to three times a week. Our hair contains natural oils which protects them from damage. Over Washing of hair can lead to whipping of these oils. Choose the right hair brush according to your hair type. For curly hair people use a wide tooth brush to detangle your curls. Avoid heat treatments such as use of straightener and if you still want to use it, firstly protect your hair from heat. You can use a heat protectant.
- Oil your scalp as much as you can much. Oil will provide nourishment and shine to your hair. It is the oldest remedy you can do at home. You can use coconut oil, almond oil or sesame oil too. Warm your oil lightly and gently massage your hair. Leave oil for at least 1 to 2 hours and after that wash your hair. You can also add lemon to oil if you have a dandruff problem.
- Eggs are one of the most effective ways to get silky and shiny hair. They provide excellent condition to hair and also promote hair growth. You can either massage directly with the yolk part of the egg or you can mix it with coconut oil. Leave it for half an hour and then wash your hair. You can do this once in a week to get rid of dry and frizzy hair.
- Fenugreek seeds are the richest source of hair growth promoting complexes. They also have antifungal properties. You can make a paste of fenugreek seeds and apply this paste on your hair. Leave this mixture for half an hour and then wash your hair with lukewarm water. This is an effective and oldest method to promote hair growth.
- Mix two tablespoon of castor oil with one tablespoon coconut oil. Warm this mixture slightly and massage your hair with this mixture. Leave this mixture for one hour and wash your hair. It's an effective remedy for hair growth and you can do it twice in a week.
- Mix two tablespoon of gooseberry juice with two tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave for half an hour. This mixture helps in hair growth.
- According to some research, onions contain phytochemicals that induce hair growth. Extract the juice of one onion. Apply this juice on the scalp area and let it stay for one hour. Wash it with a mild shampoo. You can apply this juice twice weekly for better results.
- Hibiscus leaves are also believed to promote hair growth. Take a handful of hibiscus leaves and make a paste with coconut oil. Apply this paste on the scalp area and leave for one hour. Wash thoroughly with water and follow this remedy twice weekly for effective results.
- Make a paste of one banana and apply this paste on the scalp. Leave this paste for about 20 minutes. It is a good mask to get long and smooth hair.
- Take 5 to 6 curry leaves and boil these leaves in ½ cup of coconut oil. Boil till black residue is left. Let it cool and then apply to hair twice weekly to improve hair growth. It also works for reducing premature greying of hair.
- One of the most effective ways to promote hair growth is by applying aloe vera gel. You can take this gel directly from the plant.
- Take half a cup of white rice and soak them in water overnight. Strain the mixture and leave it for a few hours. Once you start to get smell from rice, keep it in the fridge for an extra 8 hours. Mix these fermented rice with one cup of water. Apply this mixture on your hair and keep for 2 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy thrice weekly for natural hair growth.
- Honey is rich in antioxidants and it prevents our scalp from any kind of infection. There are many ways to use honey at home. Mix ½ cup of honey with one cup of yogurt. Apply this mixture from roots of the hair to the tips. Keep it for 20 minutes and wash with water. You can take 2 tablespoon oatmeal and make a paste with one tablespoon of honey and yogurt. Apply this mixture over your hair and leave for 20 to 25 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Hence you can use honey in many ways to get long and shiny hair.
It is concluded from the above discussion that we don't need to spend a lot of money for long hair. We can easily manage our hair at home with these simple and easy remedies. So everyone who is suffering from hair fall or wants long and healthy hair follow these tips.