Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam Chikitsa Sthana 16/29-31
Drakshavaleha is one of the extensively used herbal products for liver illnesses. Draksha denotes raisins and is available as herbal jam (like chyawanprash). In Ayurvedic medicines, Avaleha or Leha is a semi-solid preparation.
- Draksha – Raisins (Dry grapes) -768 g
- Kana (Pippali) (Long Pepper) – 768 g
- Sharkara (sugar) – 2.4 kg
- Madhuka (Yashtimadhu) (Licorice) – 96 g
- Shunti (Ginger) – 96 g
- Twak Ksheeri (Vamsha lochana) (Bambusa bambos) – 96 g
- Dhatri rasa juice extract of Amla – 12.288 liters
- Madhu (Honey) – 768 g
Method of Preparation
First of all take extract of Amla juice which is added with fine paste of raisins, powders of long pepper, licorice and sugar. Then these contents are heated till it retains semi solid consistency.
It is taken out of fire and Vamshalochana powder is added and mixed well.
After self-cooling, honey is added and mixed well and Drakshavaleha is ready.
Consume 5–10 grams of this Ayurvedic medicine with warm water or honey.
Dosage for children below 5 years : 1-2 grams, 1-2 times a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Dosage for children between 5-12 years of age : 5 grams, 1-2 times a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Good herbal therapy in Liver disorder and Anemia.
- This herbal jam is ideal for those taking regular alcohol.
- Protective and supportive herbal product for normal liver functions.
- Useful in curing Jaundice, Chronic obstructive.
- Effective in Hyper Acidity, indigestion / Dyspepsia.
- Heart Burn
Contraindications / Side Effects
May not be suitable for diabetic people as it contains sugar.Share with your friends: