Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushthrogadhikar 881/223-227
Ekvinshti Guggul is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is very effective in skin disorders. It provides relief from various skin problems.
- Shuddha Guggul (Purified Commiphora mukul)
- Amalaki Churna (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki Churna (Terminalia bellerica)
- Haritaki Churna (Terminalia chebula)
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale)
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Ajmoda (Apium graveolens)
- Jeera (Cuminum cyminum)
- Karvi (Strobilanthes callosus)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Saindhav Lavan (Rock salt)
- Atisa (Annona squamosa)
- Vayvidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus scariosus)
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Kutha (Saussurea lappa)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Choti Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Jawasa (Alhagi camelorum)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Triphala - It includes a combination of three herbs named Amalaki churna (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki churna (Terminalia bellerica), and Haritaki churna (Terminalia chebula). Triphala is very efficacious in treating pain, inflammation, constipation and dental issues. It promotes digestion and is helpful in improving vision also.
- Trikatu - It consists of a combination of three herbs named Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), and Pippali (Piper longum). It helps in pacifying tridosha and enhances the digestive fire. Trikatu is very helpful for Rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma, cough, expectoration and other respiratory tract problems.
- Chitrakmool (Roots of Plumbago zeylanica) - Due to pungent and hot properties, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, skin diseases, anorexia and abdominal pain.
- Shuddha Guggul - The Latin name of this herb is Commiphora mukul. Guggul is a very good analgesic and anti-inflammatory. It assists in reducing arthritis pain like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout etc. This aids in promoting weight loss.
Quantity of Ingredients
All drugs in equal quantity (50gms) and Shuddha guggul (1 kg).
Method of Preparation
- Boil Guggul in a stainless steel container.
- When this guggul will melt and looks like a paste then take down this container.
- Properly mix rest of the drugs in this guggul paste.
- Grind this guggul with ghee and make 1 gm tablet.
- Let them dry and keep these tablets in a glass container.
Ekvinshti Guggul is an Ayurvedic formulation and is effective for skin disorders. The ingredients in this formulation are also beneficial in sciatica, grahani, bone disorders etc. The ingredients have digestive and analgesic properties. They improve digestive power by stimulating digestive fire.
- Various skin disorders
- Worm infestation
- Bone fracture
- Throat infection
1 tablet twice a day with the extracts of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia).
Take under medical supervision.