Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Gulmarogadhikar 655/67-73
Kankayan gutika is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. This gutika is useful in various abdominal problems. It is a herbo-mineral composition.
- Shuddha Hingu (Ferula asafoetida) - 150 gm
- Yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare) - 100 gm
- Amalvetas (Garcinia pedunculata) - 100 gm
- Karchur (Curcuma zedoaria) - 50 gm
- Pushkarmool (Inula racemosa) - 50 gm
- Dantimool (Baliospermum montanum) - 50 gm
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica) - 50 gm
- Arharmool (Cajanus cajan) - 50 gm
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 50 gm
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) - 50 gm
- Nishoth (Operculina turpethum) - 50 gm
- Ajmoda (Carum roxburghianum) - 23 gm
- Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) - 12 gm
- Shwet Jeera (white variety of Cuminum cyminum) - 12 gm
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - 12 gm
- Dhaniya (Coriander) - 12 gm
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shuddha Hingu - This is the best ingredient for stomach problems. It is used in the food to prevent digestive ailment such as flatulence, indigestion, gas, bloating.
- Yavakshar - It is used as an ingredient in many medicines. This is used to treat urinary diseases, abdominal pain, bloating and other gastric problems. It balances Kapha and Vata dosha.
- Amalvetas - It is a digestive, laxative and cardiac stimulant. This is helpful in abdominal pain, bloating, severe constipation etc.
- Karchur - It acts as an appetizer. It balances Vata and Kapha dosha. It is helpful in low digestive fire (Mandagni). Thus helpful in hemorrhoids, grahani, abdominal tumor etc.
- Shunthi - This is the best digestive and appetizer. This is also useful in sore throat, cough and cold. It relieves us from abdominal pain.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of all the ingredients.
- Give bhavna with the extracts of Bijora Nimbu (Lemon).
- Make 1 gm tablets and let them dry.
- Keep tablets in a glass container.
Kankayan gutika is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are best for gastric problems. They pacify Vata and Kapha dosha and relieve abdominal pain, bloating and heaviness in the abdomen. These ingredients improve digestive power by stimulating digestive fire.
- Abdominal tumor
- Heaviness in abdomen
- Worm infestation
1 tablet twice a day with warm milk or ghrit or cow's urine or decoction of Triphala.
It should be taken under medical supervision.