Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Atisaradhikar 252/164-165
Kanadi loha is a Herbo-mineral composition. The ingredients in this formulation are useful in improving digestive health. They stimulate digestive fire and improve digestion.
- Amalaki Churna - 100 gms
- Bibhitaki Churna - 100 gms
- Haritaki Churna - 100 gms
- Pippali Churna - 100 gms
- Shunthi - 100 gms
- Chitrakmool - 100 gms
- Patha Churna (Cissampelos pareira) - 100 gms
- Vaividang (Embelia ribes) - 100 gms
- Nagarmotha Churna (Cyperus scariosus) - 100 gms
- Bilva Churna (Aegle marmelos) - 100 gms
- Shwet Chandan (white Sandalwood) - 100 gms
- Netrabalachurna (Berberis aristata) - 100 gms
- Loha Bhasma (Iron ash) - 1.200 gms
Description of Main Ingredients
- Triphala - It comprises Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). It pacifies all the three dosha and is very effective in promoting digestive fire. It acts as laxative and improves the peristaltic movements of the intestine. This helps in relieving pain, inflammation and encourages weight loss.
- Pippali Churna - Pippali (Piper longum) mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha and increases the appetite by promoting the secretion of gastric juices. It is also useful in Rheumatoid arthritis, fever, pain etc.
- Chitrakmool - This is called Plumbago zeylanica. Due to the pungent effect, it acts as an appetizer and digestant. It is useful in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain.
- Shunthi - Shunthi is known as Zingiber officinale. This is very effective in digestive problems. It pacifies Vata and kapha dosha. It is helpful in bloating, diarrhea.
- Vaividang (Embelia ribes) - This herb is very good at deworming the body. It has hot potency and mainly pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It is mentioned under krimighna (deworming agent), kushtha ghana (helpful in treating skin ailments). It has antimicrobial, anti bacterial and rejuvenating properties.
Method of Preparation
- Properly mix all the above ingredients in a kharal yantra.
- Give bhavna with water for 3 hours and again mix this mixture.
- Make 250 mg tablets and dry them under shadow.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
Kanadi loha is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is effective in diarrhea by improving digestive power. The ingredients in this formulation have digestive and appetizer action. They stimulate digestive fire.
2 tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
Take under medical supervision.