Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Atisaradhikar 252/161-162
Karpura rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation made from herbo-mineral composition. This formulation is very efficacious in diarrhea.
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus scariosus)
- Indrayav (Holarrhena antidysentrica)
- Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans)
- Shuddha Hingula (Red sulphide of mercury)
- Shuddha Afeema (Papaver somniferum)
- Karpura (Cinnamomum Camphora)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shuddha Hingula - This is a good appetizer and it stimulates digestive fire. This pacifies vata and kapha dosha and also relieves abdominal pain.
- Shuddha Afeema - This herb pacifies kapha dosha, Grahi (absorbent), shoolprashmana (pain relieving) and nidrajanan (sedative). It also acts as antipyretic (useful in fever).
- Karpur - It has tikta (Bitter), katu (pungent), and madhura (sweet) taste. It balances kapha and Vata dosha. It has digestive properties also. It improves digestive power.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the drugs in equal quantity and make a fine powder of it.
- Now properly mix these powders with water and make 250 mg tablets.
- Let them dry and kept safely in a glass container.
Karpura rasa is a herbo-mineral composition. It has digestive properties. It enhances digestive fire and gives relief from abdominal problems. The ingredient Indrayav is best for the diarrheal condition.
- Jwaratisara (diarrhea associated with fever)
- Bloody diarrhea
- Grahani (IBS)
1 tablet twice a day with lukewarm water.
Take under medical supervision.