Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Udavartanahrogadhikar 647/87-88
Udaymartand rasa is a herbo-mineral composition. This is an effective medicine for Udavarta, anaha (flatulence, constipation).
- Shuddha Hingula - 40 gms
- Shuddha Jaiphal - 20 gms
- Shuddha Suhaga - 10 gms
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - 5 gms
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Hingula - Botanically it is known as Red sulphide of mercury. It stimulates digestion and aids in relieving the pain and inflammation. This pacifies vata and kapha dosha.
- Shuddha Jaiphal - Jaiphal is also known as Myristica fragrans. It promotes digestive fire. It corrects the balance of vata and kapha dosha mainly. This shows effectual results in relieving pain, inflammation and acts as liver tonic due to its hepatoprotective property.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - This is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine. But firstly detoxify this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties. It pacifies vata, pitta and kapha dosha, especially balances the vata and kapha dosha. It is a very good analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
- Shuddha Suhaga - This is also known as Citrus tankan. It improves digestion and relieves bloating.
Method of Preparation
- Give proper frolement to all the above mentioned ingredients in a kharal yantra.
- Now give water bhavna and make 250 mg tablets.
- Let them dry and kept in glass container.
Udaymartand rasa is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients in this formulation have digestive properties. They digest the Aama (Endotoxins) in the gut and maintain the digestive power.
- Skin disorders
2 tablets twice a day with plain water, extracts of Adraka (Zingiber officinale) or decoction of trikatu.
- Take under medical supervision.
- Avoid this formulation in pregnancy.