Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaratisaradhikar 234/104-107
Karunyasagar rasa is an effective classical remedy for the treatment of diarrhea. It is a herbo-mineral formulation.
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica calx) - 23 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 23 gm
- Ras-Sindoor (Formulation of Mercury) - 12 gm
- Sarson Tail (Mustard oil) - 12 gm
- Bhringraj Mool (Eclipta alba) - 12 gm
- Sarji kshar (Carbonate of soda) - 12 gm
- Tankan (Citrus tankan) - 12 gm
- Yavakshar (Saltpeter) - 12 gm
- Saindhav (Rock salt) - 12 gm
- Saovarchal (Black salt) - 12 gm
- Samudra Lavana (Sea salt) - 12 gm
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) - 12 gm
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 12 gm
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) - 12 gm
- Pippali (Piper longum) - 12 gm
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica) - 12 gm
- Jeera (Cuminum cyminum) - 12 gm
Description of Main Ingredients
- Abhrak Bhasma - This is a mica calx which is used in digestive problems. It is effective in bloating, stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion etc. It enhances the digestive fire.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is a purified form of Sulphur. This is used in Ayurveda to increase digestive power. This sulphur is used in many ailments and acts as a main ingredient in maximum ayurvedic formulations. This is also used as Rasayan and hence lowers the high grade fever.
- Ras-Sindoor - This is an Ayurvedic formulation made form herbal and mineral composition. This is used in Ayurveda to improve immunity and strength. This is effective in cardiac diseases, colicky pain, urinary tract related diseases, chronic respiratory conditions, anemia and digestive problems.
- Bhringraj Mool - This is known as false daisy in English. This balances Vata and Kapha dosha. It improves the digestion, increases appetite and improves body metabolism. It is also used in hair fall and dandruff.
- Tankan - This is used in Ayurvedic medicine after purification. It is effective in improving digestion power, relieves bloating, It is also helpful in women suffering from amenorrhea and other reproductive problems.
- Yavakshar - This is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating urinary diseases, abdominal pain, bloating etc. This is also helpful in ascites. This also helps in lowering high fever.
- Saidhav Lavana - This is considered best among all salts. This is used in daily basis in food. This is used in various ailments but mainly used in digestive problems. It is used for gastritis, bloating. It stimulates digestive fire, balances natural production of HCL. This Improves appetite removes abdominal gases, cramps and soothes heartburn.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - This is poison in impure form. But used as an Ayurvedic ingredient in most of the Ayurvedic medicine in pure form. This relieves the abdominal pain and bloating. This ingredient has antipyretic properties also as it lowers the high grade fever.
- Shunthi - This is the most effective Ayurvedic remedy for digestive issues. It increases the appetite, improves digestion, and stimulates digestive fire. It treats the fever which is associated with diarrhea as it is helpful in improving digestion.
- Pippali - This is the main ingredient in maximum Ayurvedic formulations. It is helpful in stomach upset condition. It enhances the appetite, treats bloating and flatulence. It is also helpful in treating the diarrhea. Pippali is also beneficial in respiratory conditions such as cough, cold and dyspnea.
- Maricha - This is an effective ingredient which treats all digestive problems. This is one of the ingredients in Trikatu along with Pippali and Shunthi. It treats the fever by treating the diarrheal condition.
- Jeera - This is the best ingredient in abdominal pain and bloating. Jeera contains antioxidants properties and clears out the free radicals. It helps in treating the diarrhea by fighting bacteria and parasites. It aids in weight loss. It also improves the symptoms of IBS.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of all ingredients.
- Give one bhavna with Mustard oil.
- Cooked this mixture over flames in a Baluka yantra for about 45 minutes.
- After then give bhavna with the extracts of Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) and make tablets.
- Again cooked in a baluka yantra for 45 minutes.
- After then make a fine powder and properly mix other ingredients in water for 45 minutes.
- After all that procedure make 60 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept this formulation in a glass container.
- Abdominal pain
- Bloody diarrhea
- Inflammatory bowel syndrome
1 tablet twice a day with honey.
- It should be avoid in pregnancy and lactating women.
- Take under medical supervision.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.