Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Raktapitta Rogadhikara 32-35
Eladi Gutika (Vati) is an Ayurvedic medicine formulated to treat the respiratory and gastric problems. This medicine is available in the tablet form. It is used to treat the throat infections, cough, cold, fever, vomiting etc.
- Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Talispatra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Sita – Sugar
- Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Dates – Phoenix dactylifera
- Raisin – Vitis vinifera
- Madhu – Honey
Method of Preparation
Fine powder of herbs are taken in the specific quantities, mixed with honey and pills are rolled.
Take 1-2 tablets twice or thrice in a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Hematemesis (blood vomiting)
- Abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- There are no known side effects of using this Ayurvedic medicine.
- Over-dosage may result in the slight burning sensation in abdomen.
- It is better to avoid this medicine during pregnancy.