Shwas Kuthar Ras
Reference: Ayurveda Sara Sangraha, edition 17th, page no- 377-378.
Shwas Kuthar Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is used in the treatment of asthma, dyspnea, chronic bronchitis etc.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Shuddha Parada – Purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified Sulphur
- Shuddha Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Manashila – Purified and processed Realgar (Arsenic di sulphide)
- Shunti – Zingiber officinalis
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Maricha – Piper nigrum – 90 g
How to Make?
First make kajjali of mercury and sulphur, then add fine powder of rest of ingredients into it. Mix well together and triturate with water and finally make tablets.
125 – 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with honey, hot water.
It contains heavy metal as ingredients, so its Self-medication may be dangerous.
Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
NOTE- It is best to be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.