Reference - Sahasrayoga Kashayaprakarana.
Elakanadi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from mixture of medicinal herbs. One of the important herb is ela, which is also known with the name – cardamom, which is enriched with properties like digestive, carminative, diuretic and many more. This formulation is known to treat the problems related to respiratory problems.
- Ela – Elettaria cardamomum
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Madhuka – Glycyrhiza glabra
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Ambu – Hemidesmus indicus
- Kana – Piper longum
- Nimba – Azadirachta indica
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Dashamoola – known to contain ten herb roots:
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in equal quantity and add in a pot which contains 8 parts of water.
- Boil the water mixture till it is reduced up to its one fourth level and then filter it.
- Decoction is prepared now.
12 to 24 ml, two times a day, before meals.
- As Adjuvant in Tuberculosis treatment
- Gastritis due to over dose.
- Take medicine under doctor’s prescription.