Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushta Rogadhikar 875/157-159
Galtkushthari ras is a potent Ayurvedic medicine for Skin disorders. It is mainly used in the treatment of galit Kushtha (Leprosy). This formulation is in Avaleha (Paste) form.
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica calx) - 4 parts
- Karanj Beej Churna (Powder of Millettia pinnata) - 4 parts
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) - 1 part
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 1 part
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper calx) - 1 part
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx) - 1 part
- Shuddha Guggul (Purified Commiphora mukul) - 1 part
- Chitrakmool Churna (Powder of Plumbago zeylanica) - 1 part
- Shuddha Shilajatu (Purified Asphaltum punjabianum) - 1 part
- Shuddha Kuchla Churna (Purified Strychnos nuxvomica) - 1 part
- Triphala Churna (Powder of three Myrobalans) - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Abhrak Bhasma - This is prepared from the purification of mica. It is used in the treatment of Skin disorders. It also has good results in digestive problems.
- Karanj Beej Churna - This is an Ayurvedic ingredient in powder form. It is used in skin problems and this powder is also beneficial in relieving pain and inflammation.
- Shuddha Parada - Mercury is a silvery white substance. It is a semisolid liquid. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment after the purification process. It has antipyretic and digestive actions. It pacifies all three dosha.
- Shuddha Gandhak - Sulphur is a good substance in treating skin problems. It helps in improving digestion power and is also beneficial in pacifying pitta dosha.
- Tamra Bhasma - This is one among such Ayurvedic preparations used in the treatment of anemia, asthma, amlapitta and skin problems.
- Loha Bhasma - This is a complex herbo-mineral preparation which is used in Ayurvedic treatment. It is an effective remedy for chronic fever, anemia, Skin problems etc. It is also helpful in respiratory conditions.
- Shuddha Guggul - This prevents clogging and hardening of blood vessels. It maintains the metabolism of the body. It has antifungal properties also and helps in fighting against skin diseases.
- Chitrakmool Churna - This is an effective digestive and carminative herb. It is used in most Ayurvedic medicines for the treatment of digestive ailments. It balances vata and kapha dosha.
- Shuddha Shilajatu - It contains fulvic acid which is good for anxiety and inflammatory conditions. It is useful in treating skin disorders as it pacifies Pitta dosha. It is also a famous rasayan (Rejuvenating remedy) and aphrodisiac agent.
- Shuddha Kuchla Churna - This is a potent ingredient to manage neurological disorders. It helps in balancing the vata dosha. Also it is used in the treatment of skin problems.
- Triphala Churna - These are powerful herbs for managing almost every disease. They include Amla (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). This is mainly used in eye disorders, digestive problems, skin problems etc.
Method of Preparation
- First of all properly mixes parad and gandhak.
- Make a fine kajjali from parada and gandhak.
- Then add Tamra, Abhrak and loha Bhasma in this kajjali and mixes it properly.
- Then add rest of the herbal powders in this mixture.
- After that heat Guggul over low flame for 3-4 hours.
- When this guggul is completely melted then add shilajatu.
- After this process mix this guggul mixture in a kajjali preparation.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container with 8 parts honey and 12 parts ghee.
Galtkushthari ras is a Rasayan formulation. It is used in the treatment of chronic skin problems also. It helps in pacifying Pitta dosha specifically. The ingredients in this formulation are also helpful in digestive problems such indigestion, diarrhea, gastritis etc. It is also helpful in high cholesterol as it contains Shuddha guggul. This formulation is best for the treatment of chronic leprotic conditions.
3 gm twice a day with khadira kwath (Decoction of Acacia catechu)
- Strictly taken under medical supervision.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for a lifetime.
- Use only Shalichawal (Red rice) with Milk and honey.