Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Urusthambhrogadhikar 594/19-21
Gunjabhadra ras is an effective Ayurvedic formulation for Urustambha (Muscular dystrophy). It is a classical herbo-mineral composition.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 12 parts
- Gunja Beej (Abrus precatorius) - 6 parts
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) - 3 parts
- Jayantitwak Churna (Powder of Sesbania sesban) - 1 part
- Nimba Beej (Azadirachta indica) - 1 part
- Shuddha Jaiphal (Purified Myristica fragrans) - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Gandhak - Gandhak is very effective against skin disorders. Purified sulphur also enhances immunity of the person. It clears the impurities from the blood. It also improves digestion power.
- Gunja Beej - Gunja is a nerve stimulant and is mainly used in Vata disorders. It is used in Ayurvedic formulations after the detoxification process. It also helps in increasing sexual strength.
- Shuddha Parada - Parada is an effective ingredient in increasing immunity of the person. It acts as a Rasayan (Rejuvenating). It pacifies all the three dosha. It provides strength to the muscles.
- Jayantitwak Churna - This is a medicinal plant used in many diseases. It is used in sore throat, cervical lymphadenopathy etc. It has anti-inflammatory properties also. It is also used in the treatment of muscular dystrophy.
- Nimba Beej - This is a good blood purifier agent. Nimba is used in the treatment of skin problems and blood disorders. It is also helpful in intestinal worms, indigestion, skin ulcers etc.
- Shuddha Jaiphal - This is used in Ayurvedic medicines after the detoxification process. It is used in indigestion, skin problems, mouth ulcers, sexual problems, respiratory problems, muscle deformity etc.
- Bhanga swaras (Extract of Cannabis sativa)
- Jambiri nimbu ras (Citrus jambhiri)
- Dhatura swaras (Extracts of Datura metel)
- Kakmachi ras (Solanum nigrum)
Method Of Preparation
- Prepare kajjali from Parada and gandhak.
- Then add rest of the powders in this kajjali and give bhavna with above mentioned bhavna dravya.
- Make 250 mg tablet and let them dry under the shadow.
- Keep these tablets in a glass container.
Gunjabhadra ras is an Ayurvedic formulation which is prepared from herbal and mineral composition. This herbal formulation is used in the treatment of muscular dystrophy. It provides strength to the muscles of the body and also stimulates the nerves of the affected area. The ingredient like gunja is a good nerve stimulant and it helps in stimulating the nerve. It regenerates the wasted muscles.
- Urustambha (Muscular dystrophy)
1 tablet twice a day with Hinga churna (Powder of Ferula assa-foetida) 250 mg and Saindhav Churna (Powder of Rock salt) 250 mg.
It should be taken under medical supervision.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile