Home Remedies for Bad Breath
Bad breath is medically known as halitosis. Bad breath odors differ from individual to individual depending on the situations and the causes.
Bad breath can cause obscurity in both your private and professional lives.
The major causes are the following:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Usage of tobacco
- Strongly flavored foods like garlic and onions
- Deficiency of zinc mineral
- Medical situations like dry mouth, sinus problems, bronchitis, liver disorders, diabetes, kidney problems, other throat, nose and mouth complications
- Certain medicines and drugs
Bad breath can give rise to plaque on teeth, yeast infections and dental caries Mouthwash or mouth freshener can cure the problem temporarily.
Effective Home Remedies
- Home remedy with unripe guava. It contains tannic, oxalic, phosphoric and oxalic acid, manganese, oxalate and calcium. It cures gum bleeding and prevents the occurrence of bad breath.
- Parsley is also a superb home remedy for bad breath. Boil two cups of water and coarsely cut sprigs of parsley along with two whole cloves. Stir the mixture infrequently during cooling. Strain it and use as a mouthwash.
- Spices form good home remedies for bad breath. A lot of spices like cloves, fennel seeds, anise seeds, which are frequently used in the kitchen are excellent bad breath removers. Chew them after having an odorous meal.
- Consume pumpkin seeds or gourd seeds or cacao daily and remove bad breath. These have a lot of zinc, which prevents halitosis.
- Chew carnation or peppermint for enjoying superior breath odor. These give a fresh and clean feeling to the mouth.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to one-third cup of water and gargle this for approximately 20 seconds. Apple cider vinegar contains natural acids like maleic and acetic acid. These reduce bacteria inside the mouth.
- Dissolve baking soda in water and wash the tongue with the mixture. This is an effective home remedy for bad breath.
- Drink a lot of water
- Brush your teeth two times regularly
- Scrape your tongue
- Floss on a daily basis
- Use a mouth rinse