Kanak Prabha Vati
Kanak Prabha Vati
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaratisar 231/74-75
Kanak prabha vati is a herbo-mineral composition. This formulation improves gastric secretions and digests Aama (Endotoxins).
- Shuddha Suhaga (Citrus tankan)
- Maricha Churna (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali Churna (Piper longum)
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox)
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified sulphur)
- Shuddha Dhatura beej (Seeds of Datura metel)
- Hanspadi (Adiantum lunulatum)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Shuddha Suhaga (Citrus tankan) - It improves digestion and relieves bloating. It pacifies vata and pitta dosha. It is effective in fever.
- Maricha Churna - Maricha is known as Piper nigrum. It improves the function of the digestive system. It has pungent taste and promotes digestive fire and ultimately treats fever. It has antibacterial properties also.
- Pippali Churna - It is known as Piper longum. It is very beneficial in sustaining digestive health. It mainly pacifies Vata and kapha Dosha. It is also effective in indigestion, diarrhea, and gastric problems.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - This is known as Aconitum ferox. This is used as medicine after detoxifying this drug. It has antipyretic and diaphoretic properties.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is a non-metallic solid element found in nature. It is first detoxified to get shuddha Gandhak. It acts as laxative and alterative. Pure form of sulphur is used as Rasayan (Rejuvenate).
Method of Preparation
- Take all the above drugs in equal quantity and make a fine powder.
- Give proper frolement with the extracts of bhanga (Cannabis sativa) for 1 day.
- Make 125 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
This is an Ayurvedic formulation. The ingredients are effective in fever, diarrhea associated with fever, dysentery and other digestive properties. They stimulate the digestive fire and improve digestive power.
- Ulcerative colitis
1 tablet twice a day with honey.
- Avoid in pregnancy.
- Take under the medical supervision.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile