Reference: Rasendra sarasangraha, Kapharoga Chikitsa 30 – 32.
Kaphaketu Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of rhinitis, cough, cold, Asthma etc.
Kaphaketu Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine containing Shuddha Tankan, Shuddha Vatsanabh, Shankha Bhasma, long pepper, and ginger juice. It is referenced from Rasendra Sarasangraha, Kapha Roga Chikitsa (treatment of diseases caused by vitiated Kapha)
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Tankana Bhasma - Borax
- Magadhi - Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Shankha Bhasma - Bhasma of Conch Shell
- Shuddha Vatsanabha - Purified Aconitum ferox
- Fresh ginger juice extract - Quantity Sufficient
How to Make?
Make Fine powder of above ingredient and grounded with ginger juice extract and made into paste and finally pills are prepared.
125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with fresh ginger juice.
- Eye problems
- Teeth disease
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Aconitum as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
Note - This medicine is not suitable during pregnancy, lactation and in children.