Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Rasayana Adhikara 55 – 68.
Laxmi Vilas Ras (Nardiya) is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, chronic skin diseases and diabetes etc. More over this Ayurvedic medicine acts as a natural aphrodisiac. It balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas in body.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Abhraka Bhasma - Purified and processed Mica
- Shuddha Parada - Purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka - Purified Sulphur
- Karpoora - Camphor - Cinnamomum camphora
- Jatiphala - Nutmeg (fruit) - Myristica fragrans
- Jatikosha - Nutmeg
- Vriddhadaru - Argyrea speciosa
- Dhattura - Datura metel
- Bhanga - Cannabis sativa
- Vidari - Pueraria tuberosa
- Shatavari - Asparagus racemosus root
- Nagabala - Grewia populifolia
- Atibala - Abutilon indicum
- Gokshura - Small caltrops (whole plant) - Tribulus terrestris
- Kuchula - Strychnos nux vomica
- Nagavalli - Piper betel - juice extract - quantity sufficient.
Method of Preparation
Fine powder ingredients are triturated with liquid for three days. Then paste is prepared and tablets are made.
Take 250 mg once in the morning before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with buttermilk, meat, milk and fruit juices.
- Chronic skin diseases
- Urinary tract disorders
- Non healing wounds fistula
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Gynecological disorders
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.