Kasa Sanharbhairav Rasa
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kasrogadhikar 446/84-90
Kasa sanharbhairav rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine. This is used in all types of cough and dyspnea. This formulation is made by Acharya Shri Gehannath.
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur)
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper Calx)
- Abhrak Bhasma (Mica Calx)
- Shankha Bhasma (Pearl Calx)
- Shuddha Tankan (Purified Citrus tankan)
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Calx)
- Maricha Churna (Piper nigrum)
- Kushtha Churna (Saussurea lappa)
- Taalish Patra Churna (Abies webbiana)
- Jaiphal Churna (Myristica fragrans)
- Lavanga Churna (Syzygium aromaticum)
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Parada - This is mercury in pure form. In Ayurveda, this is used in various medicines as a main ingredient. This is helpful in treating respiratory, gastrointestinal, cardiac and other system disorders. This mainly works on respiratory symptoms such as Cough, dyspnea etc. This is also used as a Rasayan.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is the best ingredient for blood purification. This is also helpful in increasing Agni bala (fire strength) in our body. This is used in Ayurveda after purification. It relieves burning sensation. This pacifies Kapha dosha and hence used in acute or chronic cough.
- Tamra Bhasma - Tamra is also known as copper. This copper Bhasma is used as an antacid (cures acidity), Expectorant (helpful in clearing the respiratory tract or treats cough), digestive stimulant (helps in digestion and absorption), lowers bilirubin (treats jaundice).
- Abhrak Bhasma - Bhasma is used in Ayurveda for a variety of diseases. Abhraka Bhasma is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. This is used in Ayurveda for respiratory disorders and also in liver and spleen diseases. It manages all types of cough.
- Shankha Bhasma - It is an Ayurvedic remedy which is prepared from a conch shell. This is used in diarrhea, skin problems, hepatomegaly, digestive problems etc. This is also helpful in cough and dyspnea. It is a good source of calcium supplement.
- Shuddha Tankan - This is also known as calcined borax and an Ayurvedic formulation prepared from borax powder. This is used in productive cough, breathing problems, wheezing, abdominal problems etc.
- Loha Bhasma - This is an Iron formulation and is best in blood disorders. This formulation is effective anemia, general debility, and liver enlargement. This acts as an expectorant means used in producing cough and clearing the pathway.
- Maricha Churna - This is the most common ingredient which is found in various Ayurvedic formulations, due to its wide range of health benefits. It helps in increasing digestive power, pacifying Kapha dosha, relieves cough etc. This enhances the digestive fire.
- Kushtha Churna - It is known as costus root and is a famous Ayurvedic herb used in treating gout, skin diseases, respiratory disorders etc. It gives relief from chronic cough and breathlessness. It balances Kapha dosha due to its bitter and pungent taste.
- Taalish patra Churna - This is an Ayurvedic formulation in powder form. This is mainly used in respiratory conditions. It has bronchodilator, antitussive and mucolytic properties.
- Jaiphal Churna - It is also called as Nutmeg. The fruit of Jaiphal is known for its fragrance and aroma. It has a bitter and pungent taste and hot potency. It balances Kapha and Vata dosha. It is very useful in clearing the throat, relieves cough and asthma problems. It is also helpful in diarrhea. It is also used in bloating, flatulence and abdominal pain.
- Lavanga Churna - This is an Ayurvedic medicine in a herbal powder form. It is used in cough, abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhea. It is also helpful in treating fever and indigestion.
Bhavna Dravya (Ingredients)
- Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica)
- Bhringraj Swaras (Extracts of Eclipta alba)
- Nirgundi Swaras (Extracts of Vitex negundo)
- Kakmachiswaras (Solanum nigrum)
- Dronapushpi (Leucas cephalotes)
- Shalaparni Swaras (Desmodium gangeticum)
- Aragvadha (Cassia fistula)
- Bharangi (Clerodendron serratum)
- Haritaki kwath (Decoction of Terminalia chebula)
- Vasapatraswaras (Extracts of Adhatoda vasica)
Method of Preparation
- First of all prepare kajjali from Parada and Gandhak.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients in this kajjali.
- After then give bhavna with above mentioned bhavana dravya one by one.
- Then make 625 mg tablet and let them dry.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
Kasa sanharbhairav rasa is a classical herbal formulation. This is the best remedy for the treatment of all types of Cough and dyspnea. The ingredients in this formulation help in clearing the obstruction in the respiratory pathway by treating cough. This is also helpful in digestive problems such as indigestion, acidity, abdominal pain etc. This also enhances the digestion power, provides strength and complexion to the skin.
- All types of cough
- Bronchial Asthma
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet twice a day with honey or with the decoction of Vasa (Adhatoda vasica), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Kantkari (Solanum virginianum).
It should be taken under medical supervision.