Kasturi Bhairav Rasa (Madhyam)
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Jwaradhikar 160/797
Kasturi Bhairav rasa (Madhyam) is an ancient formulation which is used in various diseases like diabetes, anemia, malaria, dengue and some respiratory disorders. This is a herbo-mineral composition.
- Kaant Loha Bhasma (Magnetic Iron Calx) - 4 Parts
- Dhaturaghan Sar (Datura metel) - 2 Parts
- Ras-Sindoor (Mercury based Ayurvedic preparation) - 2 Parts
- Lavang Churna (Syzygium aromaticum) - 2 Parts
- Jaiphal Churna (Myristica fragrans) - 2 Parts
- Trikatu Churna (Powder of three Herbs) - 2 Parts
- Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora) - 2 Parts
- Vanga Bhasma - 1 Part
- Kharpara Bhasma - 1 Part
- Kasturi (Abelmoschus moschatus) - 1 Part
- Swarna Bhasma (Gold ash) - 1 Part
- Chandi Bhasma (Silver ash) - 1 Part
Description of Main Ingredients
- Kaant loha Bhasma - This is an Ayurvedic mineral-based formulation which is prepared from Iron oxide. This formulation is useful in iron deficiency anemia, general debility, jaundice, IBS etc.
- Dhaturaghan Sar - Dhatura has analgesic effect. It is useful in reducing pain in various diseases. It is also beneficial in kustha and acts as deepana and pachana.
- Ras-sindoor - It is a formulation which is made from herbal and mineral ingredients. It is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of various diseases. It improves strength of the body and also improves immunity.
- Jaiphal Churna - This is used as a medicine for abdominal diseases, skin diseases, indigestion, Fever etc. It acts as purgative.
- Trikatu Churna - This powder is made from three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum) and Shunthi (Zingiber officinale). These herbs are for the treatment of gastric problems. These improve digestion by stimulating the digestive fire.
Method of Preparation
- Properly mix Ras-Sindoor in a kharal yantra.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in this Ras-Sindoor.
- Give 7 Bhavna with the extracts of Dronapushpi (Leucas cephalotes) and Tambulpatra (Betel leaf).
- Make 125 mg tablets and let them dry.
- Keep these tablets in a glass container.
Kasturi Bhairav rasa (Madhyam) is an Ayurvedic formulation. This herbo-mineral composition has various benefits which aids in treating many diseases such as diabetes, indigestion, Fever, recurrent abortion etc. The ingredients in this formulation are best for enhancing digestive fire.
- Recurrent abortion
1 tablet twice a day with the extracts of Adraka (Zingiber officinale) or honey.
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactating mother.
- It should be taken under medical supervision.