Kasturyadi Gutika (Vati)
Reference - Sahasrayogam Gutika Prakarana 8, AFI. Vol. 1, 12:4
Kasturyadi Gutika (Vati) is an herbal formulation that is made up from very efficient herbs. This formulation is known to treat the problems related to respiratory and gastric ailments.
- Kasthuri – Musk
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chirata
- Puzu – Ceveat cat semen
- Rasna- Pluchea lanceolata
- Kantabhasma – Loha Bhasma
- Jatiphala – Myristica fragrans
- Karpura – Cinnamomum camphora
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Sarjika Kshara
- Krishnajiraka – Nigella sativa
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Twak – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Ela – Elettaria cardamomum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Gairika – Red Ochre
- Hiravi – Garcinia morella
- Jiraka – Cuminum cyminum
- Amalaki - Emblica officinalis / Phyllanthus emblica
- Akarakarabha – Anacyclus pyrethrum
- Shatahva – Indian Dill (fruit) - Anethum sowa / Peucedanum graveolens
- Yashti – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Lavanga – Syzigium aromaticum
- Toya – Pavonia odorata
- Rasa – Purified and Processed Mercury
- Yavani – Trachyspermum roxburghianum
- Paranki – Boswellia serrate
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Kankola – Piper cubeba
- Shunti – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Piper nigrum
- Pippali - Piper longum
- Shuddha Tankana – Borax
- Anjana – Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Chakramarda – Cassia tora
- Hingula – Purified Cinnabar
- Vatsanabha – Aconitum ferox (purified)
- Manashila – Purified realgar
- Water / Cow milk / Juice extract of Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients up to 10 grams.
- Powder all the ingredients and mix with water or cow milk to make its paste.
- Now take took the quantity of 125 mg and made its pills.
One to two tablets two times a day, before or after meals.
- Cold and cough
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Over dose can cause burning sensations.
- Take under medical prescription.