Reference: Rasamruta 3/95 – 100
Swarna Vanga is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in powder / tablet form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of chronic cough, bronchitis, asthma, etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision. It Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Vanga Bhasma – Bhasma of Tin – 144 g
- Shuddha Parada – Purified and processed Mercury – 72 g
- Nimbu Swarasa – Lemon juice extract – quantity sufficient
- Navasadara – Purified Ammonium chloride – 72 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified and processed Sulphur – 72 g
Method of Preparation
It is prepared with a special Kupipakwa technique i.e. heating of all ingredients with kajjali (sulphur and mercury).
- Chronic cold
Take 125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with honey or warm water.
- This medicine should be taken only under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- This medicine should be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Over-dosage may cause many poisonous side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.