Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Shoolrogadhikar 631/168
Koladi Mandoor is a potent Ayurvedic formulation used in the treatment of abdominal pain. It gives relief from colicky pain.
- Gomutra (Cow’s urine) - 80 parts
- Shuddha Mandoor Churna (Purified calcined iron formulation) - 5 parts
- Chavya (Piper chaba) - 1 part
- Pippali Mool (Piper longum) - 1 part
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- Yavakshar (Hordeum vulgare) - 1 part
Description of Ingredients
- Gomutra - The cow’s urine contains many health benefits. It is best for the treatment of gastric issues. It contains special hormones and minerals which are required for our body for better functioning. This ingredient is added in Ayurvedic formulations for enhancing the strength of the other herbs in a formulation. It is used in treatment of leprosy, fever, liver and kidney ailments etc.
- Shuddha Mandoor Churna - It is an Ayurvedic calcined iron formulation. It is mainly used in the treatment of anemia. In ayurveda it is used in the treatment of digestive problems, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea etc.
- Chavya - This is a very good digestive supporter and liver protecting herb. It helps in regulating the bile production and digestive juices. It is helpful in correcting the tissue metabolism. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It is useful in relieving abdominal pain, colic pain and anorexia.
- Pippali Mool - This is the herb for digestive problems. It acts as digestive and carminative. It helps in bloating, flatulence, cough, abdominal pain etc.
- Shunthi - This is the best appetizer. It stimulates the appetite. It relieves constipation, abdominal pain, and improves digestive strength. It is used in treating cough and asthma. It also helps in bloating, heaviness of abdomen and flatulence.
- Yavakshar - It is an Ayurvedic medicine mainly used in abdominal pain, bloating, urinary diseases etc. This compound is made with the whole plant of barley. It is best for abdominal pain. It improves digestion. It also improves metabolism in the body.
Method of Preparation
- Make a fine powder of all the ingredients.
- Cook fine powder of mandoor in an iron container mixed with Gomutra.
- When gomutra dries then serve this medicine in a plate and let them dry under the sunlight.
- Then again grind this mixture and make a fine powder.
- Keep this mixture in a glass container.
Koladi Mandoor is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is used in the treatment of abdominal pain. The ingredients in this formulation help in treating the digestive problems such as low appetite, indigestion, colicky pain, diarrhea, acidity etc. They stimulate the low digestive fire and improve digestion power. It provides strength to the body.
- Colicky pain
500 mg powder with cow's milk.
During the medication period, patient should only consume rice with milk and chapatti with milk.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile