Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Krimirogadhikar 370/40-41
Krimighatini gutika is a potent Ayurvedic medicine and it is used in the treatment of Krimi roga (Worm infestation). It is a herbo-mineral composition.
- Shuddha kupilu Churna (Purified Strychnos nuxvomica) - 60 gm
- Palash Beej Churna (Butea monosperma) - 50 gm
- Vidanga Churna (Embelia ribes) - 40 gm
- Ajmoda (Apium graveolens) - 30 gm
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur) - 20 gm
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury) - 10 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Kupilu Churna - This is a purified form of Kuchila. This is a poisonous herb and used as a medicine after the detoxification process. This is a famous Ayurvedic herb. It balances vata and kapha dosha but increases pitta dosha. Action of this herb is krimi hara (worm infestation), shwashara (useful in respiratory disorders), gulmahara (useful in abdominal problems) etc.
- Palash Beej Churna - This herb is also known as Dhak, Palas, Flame of the forest etc. It has an anthelmintic properties which is used in the treatment of intestinal worm infestation. This herb also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. It pacifies vata dosha and somewhat pitta dosha.
- Vidanga Churna - This is an effective herb which is used in the treatment of worm infestation. It also helps in controlling vomiting, nausea. This herb is beneficial in indigestion, bloating and flatulence due to its hot potency. It also manages constipation due to its rechana (Laxative) property.
- Ajmoda - This is one of the popular Indian spices which is used in improving digestion strength. It is widely used for its stimulant, antispasmodic (Relieves abdominal pain) properties. This is also helpful in treating urinary diseases. It pacifies vata and kapha dosha. It detoxifies the body.
- Shuddha Gandhak - It is sulphur which is used in a pure form. It is first detoxified and then used in Ayurvedic medicines as a main ingredient. It purifies Blood and helps in treating blood related disorders. It improves digestion power and stimulates appetite. It also helps in preventing intestinal worm infestations.
- Shuddha Parada - It is a main ingredient used in Ayurvedic formulations because it enhances the strength of the other herbs in an Ayurvedic medicine. It also provides strength of the body. It acts as a Rasayan and hence useful in all disorders. It pacifies all three dosha. It also helps in digesting the Aama (Endotoxins).
Method of Preparation
- First of all in a Kharal yantra, prepare a kajjali from Parada and Gandhak.
- Then add rest of the ingredients in this kajjali and properly mixes it.
- After then again properly mixes it with madhu (Honey).
- Make 250 mg tablet and dry them under the shadow.
- Kept these tablets in a glass container.
Krimighatini gutika is a classical ayurvedic formulation. It is mainly used in the treatment of krimi roga (Worm infestation). The ingredients are also helpful in managing abdominal diseases. They are useful in improving digestion power. The herb vidanga helps in detoxifying the body as it has a laxative effect and also it is very beneficial in krimi roga.
- Krimi Roga (Worm infestation)
- Abdominal pain
1 tablet twice a day with water.
It should be taken under medical advise.