Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Rajyakshmadhikar 417/111-116
Kumudeshwar rasa, a very effective Ayurvedic formulation used in Tuberculosis. It is a mineral based formulation.
- Ras-Sindoor (formulation of Mercury)
- Swarna Bhasma (Gold Calx)
- Swarna Makshika Bhasma (Formulation of Iron and Copper ore)
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur)
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Mukta Pishti (Pearl formulation)
- Shuddha Tankan (Purified Citrus tankan)
- Rajat Bhasma (Silver Calx)
Description of Ingredients
- Ras-Sindoor - This formulation is used in increasing the immunity of the person and provides strength to the body. It is used in chronic conditions. It provides relief from the respiratory symptoms.
- Swarna Bhasma - This is the gold formulation and helps in treating the chronic cough. It is used as an ingredient in most of the Ayurvedic medicines for increasing the strength of the other herbs. It is used in the treatment of cough, cold, fever, cancer and many more chronic conditions also.
- Swarna Makshika Bhasma - This Ayurvedic formulation is made from the combination of an ore of Copper and Iron pyrite. This ingredient is used in the treatment of respiratory and digestive symptoms.
- Shuddha Gandhak - This is used in Ayurvedic medicines since a very long time. It shows great results in many diseases and used as a main ingredient in many Ayurvedic medicines. It is helpful in coughing, fever, blood disorders. It improves the immune system and eliminates the harmful effects of the toxins.
- Shuddha Parada - It is a pure form of Mercury. This is a silvery white semi-liquid substance used in maximum Ayurvedic medicines as a main ingredient. It improves the digestive power by stimulating the digestive fire. It balances all three dosha of the body. It acts as Rasayan.
- Mukta Pishti - This is Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Pearl. It is used in the treatment of diarrhea, psychosis, mania etc. it is also used in chronic cough with expectoration. It has anti-hypertensive properties. It is also helpful in gastritis, fever, bleeding disorders etc.
- Shuddha Tankan - Tankan or Suhaga is also known as Calcined Borax. It is an Ayurvedic calcined formulation prepared from borax powder. It is used in the treatment of productive cough, breathing problems, wheezing, bronchitis etc. Its main action is expectorant means used in productive cough.
- Rajat Bhasma - This is prepared from Silver. It is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of memory loss, excessive thirst, dizziness, diabetes etc. It is also helpful in respiratory ailments such as cough, wheezing, bronchitis, tuberculosis, breathing problems etc.
Method of Preparation
- Take these ingredients in equal quantity (1 part each).
- Prepare kajjali (Parada+Gandhak) in a kharal yantra.
- Then add Ras-Sindoor in this kajjali and properly mixes it.
- Then again add other bhasma in this mixture.
- Give bhavna with Kanji (formulation of Mustard oil) and make a round ball.
- Wrap this round ball with a new cloth and paste a soil over it.
- When it dries, then give 24 hour flames in a lavan yantra.
Kumudeshwar rasa is an Ayurvedic remedy which is used in the treatment of the symptoms of tuberculosis and other respiratory problems. The ingredients in this medicine are very effective in treating chronic productive cough, breathing problems such as wheezing, rhonchi etc. This formulation has antibacterial properties and helps in treating tuberculosis disease.
- Productive cough
- Excessive thirst
- Breathing problem
1 tablet twice a day with Maricha Churna (Piper nigrum) and ushan goghrit (warm cow's ghee).
It should be taken under medical advise.