Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Kushtharogadhikar 875/153
Kushthakalanal rasa is used in the treatment of kushtha roga (skin disorders). It is a herbo-mineral composition Ayurvedic formulation.
- Shuddha Gandhak (Purified Sulphur)
- Shuddha Parada (Purified Mercury)
- Shuddha Suhaga (Purified Citrus tankan)
- Tamra Bhasma (Copper calx)
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx)
- Pippali Churna (Piper longum)
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Gandhak - This pure substance that is Sulphur is used as a main ingredient in many Ayurvedic formulations. This Gandhak is used as a best blood purifier. It improves the immune system and detoxifies the body. It pacifies Pitta dosha and hence useful in treatment of various skin disorders.
- Shuddha Parada - This is a white silvery substance used in Ayurvedic formulation. This Mercury is used after the purification process means shodhan in Ayurveda. This acts as a Rasayan and is useful in treating various diseases till now. It improves the immune power and provides strength to the body. It pacifies all three dosha. It is used in improving digestion also, as it has digestive properties also.
- Shuddha Suhaga - This ingredient is used in the treatment of skin diseases. It purifies the blood and eliminates all the toxins from the body. It is a natural occurring substance that is a form of sodium borate. It prevents us from arthritis, various infections, dandruff etc. It is helpful in treating skin disorders.
- Tamra Bhasma - It is a good digesting agent. It is helpful in improving digestion of the person. Its main action is on Liver, spleen, stomach, skin, and intestines. It stimulates appetite and helps in maintaining the health of the skin and body.
- Loha Bhasma - This is a Bhasma formed by fine particles of the iron. It is widely used in Ayurveda and strengthens the body and increases the production of RBCs. It is used in the treatment of anemia, skin disorders, cardiac diseases etc. It balances Kapha and Pitta dosha.
- Pippali Churna - This is a powder form which is prepared from Pippali. It is widely used in the treatment of digestive problems. It enhances the digestive fire and improves the digestion. It acts as an appetizer. It is also beneficial in skin disorders and respiratory conditions too.
Method of Secretion
- Give proper frolement to Gandhak and Parada and prepare kajjali.
- Add other ingredients in this kajjali and mixes it properly.
- Give bhavna with the decoction of Nimba (Azadirachta indica) and extracts of triphala and Amaltas (Cassia fistula).
- Make 750 mg tablets and dry them.
- Then keep it in a glass container.
Kushthakalanal rasa is a classical Ayurvedic formulation. It is used in the treatment of all types of skin disorders such as, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, vitiligo, leucoderma etc. The ingredients in this formulation are helpful in purifying blood and also beneficial in improving digestive power.
1 tablet once a day with Bakuchi Churna (Powder of Psoralea corylifolia) and decoction of Khadir (Acacia catechu).
It should be taken with medical advice.