Maha Chandanadi Thailam (Oil)
Reference - Ayurveda Sara Sangraha, 17 edition, 662.
Maha Chandanadi Thailam (Oil) is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of fruitful herbs. This formulation is known to treat problems related with high temperature and weakness.
- Safed Chandan - Santalum album
- Agar - Gelidium corneum
- Talisa Patra - Abies webbiana
- Manjishta - Rubia cordifolia
- Padam Kashtha
- Haridra - Curcuma longa
- Nagarmotha - Cyperus rotundus
- Kachur - Curcuma zedoaria
- Lal chandan - Pterocarpus santalinus
- Bharangi - Clerodendrum serratum
- Vasa patra - Adhatoda vasica
- Kateri - Solanum surattense
- Khareti - Sida cordifolia
- Giloe -Tinospora cordifolia
- Safed chandan - Santalum album
- Kapur - Cinnamomum Camphora
- Ela - Plectranthus amboinicus
- Laung - Syzygium aromaticum
- Kesar - Crocus sativus
- Kasturi - Curcuma aromatica
Method of preparation
- Take ingredients number 1 to 11 up to 60 grams, 12 to 16 up to 960 grams and 17 to 23 up to 9 grams, 22 litres water and 5 litres til oil.
- Now first take ingredients from number 1 to 11 and prepare its kalka (paste).
- Now take ingredients 12 to 16 and make its decoction.
- Now put all the above preparations in container and cook to produce oil.
- After oil formulation, added other ingredients in powder form from number 17 to 21.
- Now in last grind kesar and kasturi in rectified spirit and add to oil.
Take the oil and rub on body and head.
- Chronic fever tuberculosis
- Weak limbs
- General debility
- Sensation of extremities
Take under doctor's prescription.