Tiktaka Ghritam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: The Ayurvedic Formulary of India, Volume - I
Tiktaka Ghritam is an Ayurvedic formulation. It is used to cure skin diseases primarily. It is also known as Tiktaka Ghrita.
- Patol (Trichosanthes dioica)
- Nimba (Neem)
- Katuka (Picrorrhiza kurroa)
- Darvi (Berberis aristata)
- Duralabha (Alhagi pseudalhagi)
- Parpata (Fumaria indica)
- Trayamana (Gentiana kurroo)
- Water for decoction - 6.144 liters boiled and reduced to 768 ml
- Trayanti (Gentiana kurroo)
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Bhunimba (Andrographis paniculata)
- Kalinga (Holarrhena antidysenterica)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Ghrita (Clarified butter)
Method of Preparation
These herbs are combined and added to the clarified butter and heated till all the herbs are infused thoroughly and it becomes herbal.
12 grams with lukewarm water before meals.
- Skin disorders
- Wound with us
- Eye disorders
- There are no reported side effects with this medicine.
- Self-medication should be avoided.
- Over dosage might lead to diarrhea.