Reference: Rasamrita Rasayogavijnaniya 9/127 – 129, AFI Vol. 1
Mukta Panchamrit Ras is classical preparation that balances Vata and Kapha. This Ayurvedic medicine is in the form of tablet. It is useful in treating chronic fever, Phthisis, Cough, Emaciation etc. This medicine comprises heavy metal ingredients, therefore must be consumed strictly under medical directions only.
- Mukta Bhasma - Bhasma (Calx) of Pearl – 80 g
- Pravala Bhasma - Bhasma (Calx) of Coral – 40 g
- Vanga Bhasma - Tin Calx – 20 g
- Shankha Bhasma - Bhasma of Conch Shell – 10 g
- Shukti Bhasma - Bhasma (Calx) of Pearl Oyster – 10 g
- Ikshurasa (Sugarcane juice)
- Godudghda (Cow milk)
- Juice extract of Vidari (Pueraria tuberosa)
- Juice extract of Kumari (Aloe vera)
- Juice extract of Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) root
- Juice extract of Tulsi (Holy Basil) (Ocimum sanctum)
- Juice extract of Hamsapadi (Adiantum philippense) (Linn. / lunulatum)
Method of Preparation
Mix well Mukta Bhasma, Pravala Bhasma, Vanga Bhasma, Shankha Bhasma and Shukti Bhasma and then ground with each liquid given for about 6 hours with Cow milk, Vidari, Aloe vera, Shatavari, Tulsi and Hamsapadi. Then it is made to undergo through a process Laghuputa in which it is heated to a temperature of 400 degree Celsius for an hour in a closed container and made into powder and converted to tablet form finally. Store in a dry cool place.
Consume 250 mg 1-2 times a day, before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor and it can be taken along with honey, Milk, hot water for about months based on doctor's instruction.
- A useful Ayurvedic treatment for Cough, Cold, Bronchitis, Pthisis, Asthma, Chronic fever.
- It can also cure bleeding disorders like piles.
- Its other uses are in case of Intestinal weakness, weakness of heart, Anemia, jaundice.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Its Self-medication might be unsafe as it consists of Tin as ingredient.
- Always have this medicine in accurate dose and that too for limited period of time, as recommended by doctor.
- It’s over dose can result in severe poisonous effects.
- Better to avoid in pregnant and lactating mothers and also in children.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.