Nagarjunabhra Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Hikkashwasa Chikitsa – 36/65-68
Nagarjunabhra Ras is classical preparation that balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas. This Ayurvedic medicine contains herbal and mineral ingredients and is in the tablet form. It is very useful in treating heart diseases, chest pain, abdominal colic, etc.
- Abhraka Bhasma (Purified and processed Silica) – 10 grams
- Arjuna Bark (Terminalia arjuna)
Method of Preparation
To get the pills triturate the Abhraka Bhasma with extract of Arjuna bark for at least seven days.
Consume 125 mg to 250 mg (1-2 tablets) 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is an efficient treatment in case of heart diseases.
- A suitable Ayurvedic medicine that provides relief from nausea, vomiting, anorexia, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- It also helpful in controlling the bleeding disorders, inflammatory conditions, gastritis and chronic fever.
- It also act as rejuvenative and aphrodisiac Ayurvedic medicine.
- Its other uses are like to improve strength, stamina, fertility and memory.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- This edicine must be consumed only under strict medical directions.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- Better to avoid in children and pregnant women.