Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Medoroga Chikitsa 39/43
Navaka Guggulu is an amazing herbal formulation in the weight management. It is anti-obesity and antihyperlipidemic Ayurvedic medicine. It helps to reduce the elevated lipids, cholesterol, triglycerides, low-density lipoprotein etc. This Ayurvedic medicine is quite effective in reducing the fat accumulation. It also improves the fat metabolism and its usability. It is also used for the treatment of the rheumatoid arthritis. It calms vata and kapha.
- Trikatu (Pepper – Piper nigrum – 48 g, Long pepper – Piper longum – 48 g, Ginger – Zingiber officinalis – 48 g)
- Triphala (Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 48 g, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica – 48 g, Amalaki – Emblica officinalis – 48 g)
- Chitrak - Plumbago zeylanica – 48 g
- Nagarmotha – Cyperus rotundus – 48 g
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes – 48 g
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul – 48 g
Method of Preparation
The fine powder of all the above are mixed and punched into the form of tablet of 500 mg size.
Take 1 – 2 tablets, two to thrice in a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Used in treatment of weight loss.
- Improves digestion.
- Controls the cholesterol.
- It is also used to relieve Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Hyperlipidemia, Dyslipidemia, Hypercholesterolemia
- Fatty Liver Disease (Hepatic Steatosis)
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this medicine under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Very high dose than prescribed may lead to stomach irritation