Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Pandu Roga adhikara 22, Charaka Chikitsa Sthana 16/70-71, Ashtanga Hridayam.
Navayas Lauh is classical formulation that has property to calms the Pitta in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine is available in the form herbal powder. Here Nava means nine ingredients and Ayas means Iron. So this product contains 9 herbal ingredients with processed Iron Bhasma. It is mainly used in the Ayurvedic treatment of anemia, skin and liver conditions.
- Trikatu (Ginger, Pepper, Long pepper)
- Triphala [Amla (Phyllanthus emblica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)]
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Lauha bhasma (Processed Iron Bhasma)
Method of Preparation
Take 10 grams of powder of each ingredient – Trikatu, Triphala, Musta, Vidanga and Chitraka. Now mix all these powder with 90 grams of processed Iron Bhasma to get this medicine.
Consume 1 grams of this medicine along with honey, hot water, boiled buttermilk or ghee, 1-2 times daily after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It has liver protecting action.
- It is beneficial Ayurvedic treatment for Anemia, Heart diseases, Skin diseases, Piles and Jaundice.
- It is also effective in dropsy, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and diabetes.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- Be cautious in case of people with sensitive stomach and gastritis
- Extra care is required while administration in children.
- It is better to have this medicine under strict medical directions only.