Reference: Siddha Bheshaja Manimala
Navjeevan Ras balances Vata and Kapha is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It is used in rejuvenation and anti-aging treatment. This medicine is used more in North Indian Ayurvedic treatment method and should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- Kuchala (Purified Strychnos nux vomica)
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma)
- Shunti (Ginger)( Zingiber officinalis)
- Maricha (Pepper ) (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Rasa Sindhura (A combination of purified Mercury and Sulphur)
- Ardraka (Ginger juice)
Method of Preparation
Prepare 24gm. of powder of each ingredient – Kuchala, Loha Bhasma, Shunti, Maricha and Pippali separately. Now prepare fine powder aroung 24 gm. of Rasa Sindhura. Then mix the powder of all ingredients with powder of Rasa Sindhura and finally triturate it properly with ginger juice. Now prepare tablets of 125mg from this mixture.
Consume this medicine in a dose of 125 mg to 250 mg (1-2) tablets 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor and it can be along with ginger juice and honey or Betel leaf juice with honey.
- It is a suitable anti-aging agent.
- It is useful to relieve chronic diarrhea.
- Helpful Ayurvedic treatment in migraine.
- It is effective in physical as well as mental debility.
Contraindications/ Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It’s over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.