Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali Jwara Rogadhikara.
Mrityunjaya Rasa is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to prepare from mixture of fruitful herbs and minerals. This medicine controls the vata and kapha doshas. This formulation is known to treat various kinds of fever.
- Shuddha Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Shuddha Hingula – Purified and processed Cinnabar (Mercury)
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
Method of preparation
- Took the ingredients one to five up to 10 grams and number 6 or 7 ingredient up to 20 grams.
- Powdered all the ingredients and triturated with ginger juice extract.
- Took the paste up to 250 mg and made its pills.
Mrityunjaya Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet form. It is used to manage the all types of fevers like chronic fever, intermittent fever, fever due to indigestion etc. This medicines balances the tridoshas- vata, pitta and kapha in body. Natural ingredients used in the formulation of this medicine are quite good to boost up the immune system and help to enhance the body's ability to fight against the various infections. This medicine helps to reduce the heat in body and maintains the normal body temperature. In the vata fever this medicine works well to alleviate the body aches. Use of this medicine is quite effective to manage the burning sensations in overall body. Mrityunjaya Rasa is good medicine for the problem of indigestion in the fever as it helps to improve the digestion.
- Vata type of fever
- Chronic fever due to tridosha
- Fever due to indigestion
- Intermittent fever
- One dose, one to two times a day, before or after meals, generally with honey.
- In vata kind of fever – with watery portion of curds.
- In chronic fever – with ginger juice
- Indigestion related doshas – with lemon juice
- Avoid in pregnancy and lactation.
- Take the medicine under doctor's prescription.