Nisosiradi Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Tailayoga Prakarana 26
Nisosiradi Thailam is an Ayurvedic herbal oil that maintain the Vata and Kapha doshas balanced. This medicated oil have turmeric and vetiver as its main ingredients. This oil has effective results in treatment of diabetes carbuncles and abscesses.
- Ela (Cardamom) (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Sthoola Ela (Amomum subulatum)
- Turushka (Hydnocarpus laurifolia)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Phalini (Callicarpa macrophylla)
- Mamsi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Jaladhyamaka (Coleus zeylanicus)
- Sprikka (Anisomeles malabarica)
- Choraka (Angelica archagelica)
- Chochapatra (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Tagara (Valeriana wallichii)
- Sthauneya (Taxus baccata)
- Jati (Myristica fragrans)
- Rasa (Commiphora myrrha)
- Shukti (Ostrea edulis)
- Vyaghranakha (Capparis sepiaria)
- Marahva (Cedrus deodara)
- Aguru (Aquilaria agallocha)
- Shrivasaka (Pinus longifolia)
- Kumkuma (Saffron) (Crocus sativus)
- Chanda (Costus speciosus)
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
- Devadhupa (Shorea robusta)
- Khapura (Boswellia serrata)
- Punnaga (Calophyllum inophyllum)
- Nagahva (Mesua ferrea)
- Sesamum indicum Oil of - 768 ml
- Nisha (Turmeric Curcuma longa)
- Usheera (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
Method of Preparation
Take about 6 grams of each herb given above and prepare its paste with Eladi Gana (group of medicinal herbs) Now prepare Decoction from Nisha, Usheera and Bala 4.584 liters and use 768 ml of sesame oil.
Take all these ingredients in a big vessel, heat them till their whole moisture gets evaporated and then filter it.
How to Use?
- This oil is to be used as an external application only.
- Take appropriate quantity of oil and apply to the affected area. Then leave for an hour and wash it off and dry that area completely.
- Diabetic patients must use this daily.
- Nisosiradi Thailam is useful oil in quick healing of the wounds.
- It is also tremendous Ayurvedic oil for patient with body boils.
- It is also efficient to provide relief from diabetic carbuncles, abscesses and sinuses.
Contraindications / Side Effects
Use under medical supervision.