Prabhanjana Vimardana Taila
Reference - Sahasrayogam, Taila Prakarana-5
Prabhanjana vimardana thailam is a medicated oil for external use. This oil is effective for neuromuscular disorders, facial palsy, paraplegia, arthritis etc. Mainly this oil treats all the Vatagat disorders.
Take 25.6gm of Each of the Following
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Shigru (Moringa oleifera)
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala)
- Arka (Calotropis procera)
- Karanja (Pongamia pinnata)
- Eranda (Ricinus communis)
- Sahachara (Barleria prionitis)
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Prasarini (Paederia foetida)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna integrifolia)
- Water for decoction - 24.576L,
- Tila Taila (Sesamum indicum) - 1.536L
- Cow milk - 3.072L
- Curd - 1.536L
- Kanjika - 1.536L
Prepare Paste Using 12gms Fine Powder of Each
- Tagara (Valeriana wallichi)
- Amarakashta (Cedrus deodara)
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Shunti - Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Sarshapa-Mustard (Brassica juncea)
- Choraka (Angelica glauca)
- Shatahva (Anethum sowa)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Sindhuttha (Rock salt)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Kalani Sarika - Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graceum)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Mamsi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Sarala (Pinus roxburghii)
- Katurohini (Picrorhiza kurroa)
Description of Main Ingredients
- Bala - The plant Sida cordifolia is a medicinal plant. The various portions of plant such as the root, stem and leaves can be used. It is analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory. The chemical composition of this herb comprises alkaloids, flavonoids, sterols, fatty acids. Its leaves contain small quantities of both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine which stimulate the CNS.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - Shatavari is antispasmodic, nervine, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial in nature. It helps in balances pitta and kapha doshas. It contains Diosenin, rutin, flavonoids, Sarsapogenin etc
- Shigru (Moringa oleifera) - It is an antioxidant herb. It helps to balance vata and kapha doshas. This herb is rich in calcium and magnesium and it improves strength of teeth and bones. It is also used in osteoporosis and various bone disorders.
- Bilwa (Aegle marmelos) - It is rich in vit c, vitB1, vitB2, thiamine, riboflavin, carotene, calcium, potassium, fibre and rich in antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory and laxative properties.
Method of Preparation
- Add 25.6gms each of herbs in 24.576L water and boil it until reduced to 6.144L (Decoction).
- Now 12gms of each of herbs- make a paste.
- On simmer gas heat up the ksheera and add paste in it and 6.144l decoction, kanjika, curd.
- When all moisture evaporates and oil is left behind, off the gas.
- Keep it cool and then filter it in a bottle as Prabhanjana Vimardana taila.
Dosage & Usage
- This medicated oil is recommended only for external use.
- Apply 5-6 drops of oil and massage it on the affected body part twice or thrice a day.
- It can be used for a longer period of time.
Beneficial for all Vata disorders
- Vatagulma (Lump due to Vata dosha)
- Vata vidradhi (Abscess due to vata dosha)
- Antra Vriddhi (Hernia)
- Ardita (Facial palsy)
- Kati shula (Lower backache)
- Malpresentation of fetus
- Sciatica pain
- It is used to treat abscess due to vata, hernia, abdominal colic pain, facial palsy etc.
- Effective in various neuromuscular conditions.
- Balances the vata dosha.
- Controls rheumatism and gives quick relief.
Mainly shows no side effects on external application.