Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Taila Yoga Prakarana – 5
Prabhanjana Vimardanam Thailam (Oil) is classical formulation in the form of Ayurvedic oil. This herbal oil has efficiency in treatment of abscess with pain, hernia, abdominal pain, backache etc. It is basically used for external application.
Take 25.6 grams of each of the following:-
- Bala (Sida cordifolia)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Shigru (Moringa oleifera)
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala)
- Arka (Calotropis procera)
- Karanja (Pongamia pinnata)
- Eranda (Ricinus ccommunis)
- Sahachara (Barleria prionitis)
- Ashwagandha(Withania somnifera)
- Prasarini (Paedaria foetida)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna corymbosa)
- Water for decoction – 24.576 liters, boiled and reduced to 6.144 liters, filtered.
- Taila (Sesamum indicum) Oil – 1.536 liters
- Cow Milk – 3.072 liters
- Curd – 1.536 liters
- Kanjika – 1.536 liters
Prepare paste using 12 grams fine powders of each of below given ingredients:-
- Tagara (Valeriana wallichi)
- Amarakashta (Cedrus deodara)
- Ela (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Shunti (Ginger) (Zingiber officinalis)
- Sarshapa (Mustard) (Brassica juncea)
- Choraka (Angelica glauca)
- Shatahva (Anethum sowa)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Sindhuttha (Rock sakt)
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Kalanusarika (Fenugreek) (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Mamsi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Sarala (Pinus roxburghi)
- Katurohini (Picrorhiza kurroa)
Method of Preparation
All ingredients are added to sesame oil and oil is prepared by oil paak method.
How to Use?
It is applied externally and provides rapid relief when used warm.
It can be used for a long period of time.
- An effective treatment in abscess formation, hernia, abdominal colic, facial palsy, neuro-muscular conditions and backache.
- It is good herbal remedy for paraplegia.
- Its external application is very effective in pounding pain, pricking pain, numbness and loss of strength.
- It is helpful in controlling rheumatism.
Contraindications / Side Effects
No side effects have been reported on its external application.