Praval Pishti (Coral Calcium)
Reference: Ayurveda Sara Sangraha, Shodhana marana prakarana page: 119, AFI Vol. 1.
Praval Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from Coral. Praval is the name given to coral in Hindi and in Ayurveda. However, coral calcium powder is not used directly in Ayurveda. Coral calcium powder is processed with edible rose water and ground to make a micro-fine powder. The coral calcium powder processed with rose water is known as Praval Pishti. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of various health complications like cough, cold, Pitta related diseases etc. It should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- Shuddha Pravala – Purified Coral
- Rose water – quantity sufficient.
How to Make?
Take purified Coral and it is pounded to powder form then it is thoroughly ground with rose water for 3 – 4 days, till it becomes as fine as collyrium and finally to obtain Pishti.
125 mg – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food along with honey, butter or ghee or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Praval Pishti (Coral calcium) is helpful in following health conditions:
- Bleeding disorders
- Calcium deficiency
- General debility
- Burning sensation
- Ulcerative colitis
- Anxiety with restlessness and worrying
- Heart Palpitation
- Non-productive cough
- Asthma with difficulty in coughing up sputum
- Low bone mineral density
- Premature greying of hair
- Hair fall
- Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention
- Painful periods (especially membranous dysmenorrhea)
- Breast tenderness
- Oligospermia (if person is also suffering with acidity and heat sensation)
There are no known side effects. It is best to use under medical supervision.