Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vatavyadhi Chikitsa 26/198-202.
Rasraj Ras is a classical formulation in Ayurveda that keeps the vata dosha balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form, having herbal and mineral ingredients. It is useful for treatment of neuro-muscular conditions.
- Rasa sindura (Purified and processed Mercury) - 40 grams
- Abhraka satva (Purified and processed Silica) - 10 grams
- Swarna Bhasma (Gold Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Loha Bhasma (Iron Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Rajata Bhasma (Silver Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin Bhasma) - 5 grams
- Ashwagandh Churna (Withania somnifera)
- Lavanga Churna (Clove) (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Javitri Churna (Nutmeg) (Myristica fragrans)
- Ksheera Kakoli Churna (Fritillaria roylei)
- Kakamachi rasa (Solanum nigrum) - Juice extract
Method of Preparation
Take fine powder of 40gm. Parada, 10 gm. Abhraka satva and 5gm. of Swarna Bhasma, Loha Bhasma, Rajata Bhasma and Vanga Bhasma. Grind all of them in powder form. Then to it add fine powder of Ashwagandh, Lavanga, Javitri and Ksheera Kakoli Churna. Then finally this whole mixture is triturated with Juice extract of Kakamachi rasa and tablets are prepared.
Consume 125 mg to 250 mg, 1-2 tablets once or twice a day before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor. It can be administered along with milk or water, added with little quantity of sugar.
- It is useful Ayurvedic treatment of neuro-muscular conditions such as paralysis, hemiplegia, locked jaw, facial palsy, hearing defects & dizziness.
- The tablets also help to strengthen nerves and muscles.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- Rasraj ras is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It's over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.