PUNARNAVADI KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Punarnavadi kashayam is an Ayurvedic formulation which is beneficial in the treatment of inflammatory problems, anaemia, cough, colic pain and cold. It is highly beneficial in the conditions of Shotha (edema).
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) - 1 part
- NImba (Azadirachta indica) - 1 part
- Patola (Trichosanthes dioica) - 1 part
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) - 1 part
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa) - 1 part
- Guduci (Tinospora cordifolia) - 1 part
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) - 1 part
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - 1 part
- Water - 16 parts
SAHASRA YOGAM // KASAYA YOGA PRAKARANA
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) - Punarnava benefits as a rejuvenating agent (Rasayana), stabilizes Tridoshas, reduces inflammation, prevents bloating, improves cardiac health and increases haemoglobin level. Punarnava has various benefits in the treatment of kidney diseases, fever, edema, spleen and liver disorders.
- Nmba (Azadirachta indica) - Azadirachta indica is widely utilized to treat several health conditions. It is known to have anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, wound healing, and anti-microbial actions.
- Patola (Trichosanthes Dioica) - Patola patra is widely recommended in liver disorders. It nourishes the liver and corrects all its functions. It also improvises the working of the digestive system and is highly beneficial in dermatological problems.
- Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) - Shunthi is hot in potency and pungent in taste. It pacifies kapha dosha in the body. It helps in the elimination of phlegm due to its expectorant nature.
- Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurroa) - It is a medicinal herb, used widely as a liver-protective, cardio-tonic, and immune modulator medicine and it has got anti-inflammatory benefit too. It has Pitta and Kapha reducing properties, useful in the liver, respiratory and dermatological diseases.
- Guduci (Tinospora cordifolia) - Guduchi is an important immune modulator herb. Giloy is beneficial in fever, infections and inflammation, reduced immunity, cancers, and asthma. It helps in pacifying Pitta and Kapha dosha.
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) – It is an herb of choice in neurological disorders. It is also useful in Asthma, Itching and Pruritis. It helps to balance all three doshas.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - Haridra is widely used in ayurvedic medicine. It is an antioxidant and possesses various properties such as anti-allergicc, anti-inflammatoryy, anti-septic, and blood purifying. Haridra is Tridoshahara.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The coarse powder of all the ingredients should be prepared and add water to it. Boil it and should be reduced to one eighth (1/8th) by boiling. After completion of the process, it must be filtered through a strainer and used in a lukewarm state.
It is beneficial in vata and Kapha vyadhi’s.
- Hepatitis and Jaundice
- Fatty Liver
- Liver cirrhosis
- Appetite loss
- Respiratory diseases
- Breathing issues
- Elevated uric acid levels in the blood
- Pain and swelling in knee joints and ankle joints
- Sarvanga shotha (Generalized edema)
USES AND BENEFITS OF PUNARNAVADI KASHAYAM
Punarnavadi Kashayam is highly beneficial in cases of following diseases and conditions:
- It detoxifies the body by flushing out the toxins from the body.
- It helps to remove the water retention due to liver and Kidney disorders in the body
- It helps in improving appetite and digestion.
- It acts at the cellular level by cleansing AMA out of the body.
- It is one of the best diuretics and promotes urination.
- It is helpful in all types of liver ailments and diseases, indigestion because of liver dysfunction, fatty liver, Hepatitis, Loss of appetite, Anemia and jaundice.
- It is beneficial in detoxifying and purifying the liver.
- It reduces Kapha and vata dosha.
It should not be used during pregnancy and should be as guided by the physician if need be.
12 ml – 24 ml, twice a day, in the morning and evening and to be taken with water or as directed by the physician.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy