RASNAERANDADI KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, USES AND BENEFITS
Rasnaerandadi Kashayam is a concentrated decoction prepared from herbal ingredients which is beneficial in musculoskeletal disorders such as low back ache, locked jaw, and arthritis.
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) - 1 part
- Eranda (Ricinus communis) - 1 part
- Bala (Sida cordifolia) - 1 part
- Sahachara (Barleria prionitis) - 1 part
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - 1 part
- Dusparsha (Tragia involucrata) - 1 part
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) - 1 part
- Amruta (Tinospora cordifolia) - 1 part
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) - 1 part
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum) 1 part
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus) - 1 part
- Kokilaksha (Asteracantha longifolia) - 1 part
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum) - 1 part
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) - 1 part
- Water - 16 parts
- Go ghrita
- Tila taila
SAHASRA YOGAM // KASAYA YOGA PRAKARANA
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) - Rasna is an excellent musculoskeletal and joint health-promoting herb. The ushna and teekshna guna of Rasna helps in resolving inflammation, tenderness and pain. It aids in regulating body temperature, improves joint movements and flexibility, improves metabolism and also beneficial in skin diseases.
- Eranda (Ricinus communis) - It is a potent anti-inflammatory herb in nature. It is ushna in potency and pacifies vata and kapha dosha. Eranda is laxative in nature hence any abdominal discomfort can be treated by use of this herb. It is highly beneficial in conditions related to musculoskeletal system.
- Bala (Sida cordifolia) - Bala means strength. So, this herb is used mainly to increase the strength and power of the body. Bala has got anti-inflammatory properties hence it is used to treat wounds as well as inflammation. Bala is very useful in treating arthritis and various other conditions that affect joints and musculoskeletal system. It acts upon all the tridoshas thus, helps in bringing balance between them.
- Sahachara (Barleria prionitis) - It is one of the best herb in ayurveda to balance Vata dosha and reduce the ailments and conditions associated with vata vyadhi's and it has got Kaphahara guna as well. It has various benefits in managing the ailments related to the joints and painful conditions.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) - Shatavari is used in Ayurveda to balance pitta and vata dosha, but can increase kapha due to its heavy nature (guru). It has got cooling effects and its snigdha quality makes it great for the body to look nourished. This acts as a rasayana (rejuvenative) for the reproductive system, digestive system and for the blood.
- Dusparsha (Tragia involucrata) - This herb has got great benefits in Ayurveda and it is endowed with qualities such as Antipyretic, blood purifier, diuretic and helps in getting rid of excess fat. It helps to regulate Pitta and Kapha dosha.
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) - This is bitter in taste and extensively used in Ayurveda in various formulations. It reduces the aggravated of kapha and pitta dosha which helps to reduce pain, stiffness and inflammation.
- Amruta (Tinospora cordifolia) – Guduchi is an important Ayurvedic immune modulator herb. Giloy is beneficial in infections and inflammation, reduced immunity, fever, cancers, asthma, recurrent infections. It helps to bring balance in tridoshas.
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara) - This herb is extremely beneficial in neurological disorders. It is pitta and kapha shamak in property and does pacify the vata dosha too. This herb helps to maintain the flexibility of joints.
- Ativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum) - Ativisha is an important herb used in pediatric medicine. It has got various benefits including antipyretic, anti-bacterial, anti-tussive and anti-inflammatory actions. it is beneficial to treat the chronic ailments related to joints.
- Musta ( Cyperus rotundus) -- It is an important herb which has excellent benefits to promote healthy liver function, promotes metabolism, nourishes skin, supports a balance of body fluids, promotes the functioning of kidney functions, improves gut health, promotes digestion, promotes joint health and helpful in maintaining the body temperature. It acts as kapha and pitta dosha hara.
- Kokilaksha (Asteracantha longifolia) - Kokilaksha is highly beneficial to increase the elimination of uric acid and other endotoxins from the body. It has anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties, which in turn helps to reduce inflammation and detoxifies the body. It is best for the people who suffer from increased levels of uric acid, gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum) - Shati is known to treat digestive disorders, heart conditions, blood disorders, respiratory ailments, skin diseases and debility. It helps to relieve Pitta and kapha dosha.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) - Shunthi is hot in potency and pungent in taste. It pacifies kapha dosha in the body. It helps in the elimination of Ama (toxins) due to its Ama pachana quality. It is also known as vishwabhesaja in Ayurveda.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The coarse powder of all the ingredients should be made and water is added to it. Then boil it until reduced to one eighth (1/8th) by boiling. After completion of the process, it must be filtered through a strainer and used in a lukewarm condition.
It is beneficial in vata and Kapha vyadhi’s.
- Low back ache
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Pain in thighs, legs and calfs
- Pain in jaws
USES AND BENEFITS OF RASNAERANDADI KASHAYAM
- It is used in the treatment and management of Gout and arthritis.
- It is used in aches and pains related to back, lower back, thighs and legs.
- It is very beneficial in the treatment of lumbar spondylosis, and many other ailments related to Vatha dosha.
- It helps to relieve pain and swelling by virtue of its Ushna guna by managing both kapha and Vata dosha.
- It relaxes muscles and helps to manage inflammations and swelling.
- It is also used to relieve pain related to any external injury.
- It is widely used for treating osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis and where it helps to overcome disturbed Vata and kapha dosha
No known side effects of this kashaya but overdose may lead to gastric irritation. Use this medicine under medical supervision.
10 ml –15ml, twice a day before food or as directed by the physician.
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy