Reference: Yoga Ratnakara, Pradara Rogadhikara – 461-466, Rasamrita.
Rasa Parpati is a classical formulation that keeps the Vata, Pitta and Kapha balanced. This Ayurvedic medicine is prepared using herbal and mineral ingredients and is available in powder form. It is useful Ayurvedic treatment in case of malabsorption syndrome, dysentery, etc.
- Shuddha Gandhaka (Herbal purified Sulphur) – 10 g
- Shuddha Parada (Herbal purified Mercury) – 10 g
Method of Preparation
Shuddha Gandhaka and Shuddha Parada are triturated in a mortar. Sprinkle little amount of water over it during trituration. Take it in a ladle, coated with ghee, when the mass gains the consistency similar to collyrium. A wide mouthed vessel filled with sand is kept on a stove. The Ladle is then kept over the sand and this way the ghee coated Ladle having kajjali in it is exposed to heat, till it melts. As the Kajjali get completely melted, it is poured onto a ghee smeared banana leaf which is put on a cow dung platform. This is quickly covered with another banana leaf and pressed with a flat plate. After self-cooling, parpati obtained is collected into a jar.
Consume 125 mg-250 mg 1-2 times a day before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor and it can be administered along with honey and sugar.
Diet to Follow – Milk, buttermilk, decoction of cumin seeds. It is better to avoid excess water drinking and salt intake, while taking this medicine.
- Ayurvedic medicine useful in treatment of fever, malabsorption syndrome, dysentery, diarrhea, inflammatory conditions.
- Also beneficial in liver diseases, anemia, rheumatoid arthritis, hemorrhoids, skin diseases, splenomegaly, ascites, polyphagia, dyspepsia etc.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It’s over dose might result in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.