Reference: Siddha Bheshaja manimala Jwaraprakarana, 66, AFI, Vol. 1.
Rasamanikya is an Ayurvedic medicine available in the tablet and powder form. This herbal powder is used in the treatment of fever, bronchitis, Asthma etc. This medicine contains heavy metal as an ingredient, hence take it strictly under the medical supervision. It balances the Vata and Kapha doshas in body.
Shuddha haratala (arsenic tri oxide) and mica sheets.
Method of preparation
Small pieces of Purified Haratala (Arsenic tri oxide) are taken and made into fine powder. It is squeezed in between sheets of mica. It is burnt in open air, till the internal mass turned to coppery red color.
Rasamanikya is an efficient Ayurvedic formulation with properties to manage the disease occurring due to vitaiation of Vata and kapha doshas.
It is very useful Ayurvedic remedy to bring effective results in respiratory problems. It is helpful in bronchitis, helps to reduce inflammation in bronchi, ease in expectoration of phlegm, and improves the breathing, giving relief in chest pain. It also provides relief in Asthma, dilate the bronchial passage, helps in easy breathing, preventing its recurrence. It can control the cough. Useful medicine to regulate the body temperature in the body.
It is even beneficial to manage various chronic skin problems like, leprosy, have properties to heal wounds rapidly and relieves the pus filled boils, disease with excessive dryness of skin, lessen the rashes, helps to get rid of eczema, reduces the inflammations of eczema., leukoderma etc.
It is suitable for certain nervous disorders too.
- Chronic wounds
- Dryness of skin
- 125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is traditionally administered along with ghee and honey.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, as it contains Arsenic as an ingredient.
- Take this medicine for limited period of time, in precise dose or as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage is dangerous with medicine.
- This medicine should be avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.