Dashanga Lepa is a powdered Ayurvedic formulation which can be applied on the affected part after being mixed in clarified butter. It pacifies Kapha and Pitta. The name Dashanga means ten parts i.e. it is made from ten ingredients. It can help treat eczema, herpes etc.
- Shirisha (Albizia lebbeck)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Indian valerian root (Valeriana wallichii)
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- Daru Haridra (Berberis aristata)
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa)
- Fragrant swamp mallow (Pavonia odorata)
Method of Preparation
Clean all the ingredients and crush them separately till it is finely ground. Now, mix all the ingredients well. Sift them for the final time with the help of a muslin cloth. Store the product in an air tight container away from heat, light and moisture.
Method of Usage
Take a generous amount of the powder and mix clarified butter to form a paste like consistency and apply on the affected areas to cure them.
- Herpes wounds
- Fungal infections
- Skin disorders
There are no reported side effects of this herbal formulation.